Handset not working on Storm after .148
mbarnette

I upgraded my Storm to the new software and everything is a lot more stable.  One problem I have though is when I place or recieve a phone call, I cannot hear anyhting through the handset.  Just looking at things, I see that the icon is showing that it is operating as HEADSET.  I have never owned nor setup a HEADSET for the Storm.  I can get it to work by pushing the menu button and scrolling down to activate HANDSET, then works like normal.  But, I have to do this everytime I recieve or place a phone call.

I have tried the battery pull, re-installing software, and throwing phone around and still no fix.  Basically, my phone is defaulting to HEADSET even though one never existed.  Even when I play music on the media player, it goes to this HEADSET that does not exist.  I also tried turning off the Bluetooth, with no joy.  I just want it to default back to HANDSET like it did before the updated OS.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Handset not working on Storm after .148
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

Explore through the options menu, I can't remember exactly where it is, but it's there. I do remember seeing it. There is an option for default sound output somewhere, where you can select handset, headset, or speaker. Man, I left my phone at home otherwise I would just fnd it for you. But browse around through sound options, the options menu, and even go to media, and hit menu and go to options, it might be there that I saw it.

Pulling the battery wouldn't fix this, it's an option that is selected, I just can't remember where it is. But this is fixable, don't panic. :smileyhappy:

Let me know how you make out with this.

0 Likes
jshock-atl
I am having the same issue.  I can change the setting via the menu once the call is initiated but I can't seem to find where this default is set.  Let me know if you find it.
Message Edited by jshock-atl on 06-03-2009 06:58 AM
0 Likes
jshock-atl

Found the same thread on blackberry.com.  The phone thinks there is a headset plugged in. 

I took my headphones, plugged them into my phone, then called my voicemail, unplugged my headphones and it now works. You may have to repeat this a few times if it doesn't work right way.  Below is a link to the same issue.  

Blackberry Forum Link

0 Likes