I was playing around with my phone and accidently clicked an upgrade to OS 6 without realizing what it was... and now I hate it. Everything is different, I don't know where anything is, and it's confusing! I've had the phone for 6 months and I feel like I just got it yesterday. I've tried a security swipe and all that did was freeze my phone. I've removed the battery and rebooted the phone twice with no change. Is there any way to go back to OS 5???
3. Backup your contacts, settings, and personal files on your Blackberry with BDM. This will save you from losing your contact list and other personal information.
4. To begin the downgrade process, start BDM with your Blackberry attached to your computer via the supplied cable.
5. Once BDM has started and you are at the main screen, click on Application Loader and then Update Software.
6. After the BDM reads information from your Blackberry, you will be presented with a list of available updates. Select the version you wish to install by checking the box next to the version and click Next.
7. After the BDM reads your device, the process will start. Once started, follow the prompts and do not unplug your device or the installation will become corrupted. The process will take 25-30 minutes to complete. When the installation is complete, you will receive a message from BDM stating so.
8. You may have to reinstall some programs such as Blackberry App World, special themes, or games you purchased. If you backed up your device, you can now allow BDM to restore your files.
9. To restore files and settings, go to the main screen on BDM and select Backup and Restore and then select Restore.
10. You will be prompted for the backup file from earlier, which by default has the date in the name of the file. Once completed you will be shown a message stating it is complete.