Gmail App Notification
cjsmile2106

Hello everyone :smileyhappy:,

Hoping some guru out there can help!!!  I'm not able to set up any notifications for the gmail app.  I have it selected in the gmail app to be able to receive notification, and when I go to set ringtones/alerts there just isn't any options do to so.  I've seen a few forums/post out on the net ref not being able to set and I've tried all suggestions (battery pull, reinstall, install this/that, ect... with no success.  Would some please be assist with the root cause and help resolve the issue.  I have a BB Tour 9630 OS 4.7.1.61.

Thank you,

CJ

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gmail App Notification
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Did you set up the Gmail account under the Email Settings in your phone?  I have a Tour and set mine up through Email Settings and it works fine. 

Doc

0 Likes
cjsmile2106

No I downloaded the gmail app from google.  I'm currently setup using a BES.  Can I still use the email setup for gmail? Will that mess up the BES setup?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

As of now, what you downloaded is the Google Mail app for BIS.  It will not work for BES Blackberry devices.  However, I understand there is a BES Google Mail app in Beta testing.  Learn more from this pdf file that I attached.

Doc

0 Likes
cjsmile2106

I used to have a 8703 bb and I was able to get new mail notification from the gmail app, but I'm no expert bb expert so I'll take your advise.  Looks like I'm out of luck though, because I doubt my company is going to install that for their BES.  Thank you!

0 Likes