GPS on BlackBerry Tour 9630
skalber

I apologize if this has already been brought up. I just got a BlackBerry Tour and love it. The only problem I have is with GPS location with Flickr, I cannot tag my pics with my current location. Also, when using the free app Trapster, the app cannot find my current location. Google maps and latitude work fine in finding my location. Is anyone else having this issue? What can I do to fix this? Thanks in advance for your time.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: GPS on BlackBerry Tour 9630
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Go to Options> Advanced Options> GPS

Make sure GPS is "Enabled", and location is set to "Location on".

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

basspro wrote:

Go to Options> Advanced Options> GPS

Make sure GPS is "Enabled", and location is set to "Location on".

Hi,

In addition to the tip Basspro gave, make sure you enable geotagging.  Go to Camera>Options>Geotagging>Enabled and save.  That should do it.

Doc

0 Likes
skalber

I already had GPS on, thanks Basspro. Streetdoc, I did not have geotagging enabled for my pics. I changed that setting, saved it and restarted my phone. Still doesn't work.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

skalber wrote:

I already had GPS on, thanks Basspro. Streetdoc, I did not have geotagging enabled for my pics. I changed that setting, saved it and restarted my phone. Still doesn't work.

Skalber,

How are you checking the picture's metadata you are taking to see if the info is there or not?  What program do you use to view your metadata?  I use Photoshop.

Doc

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

skalber wrote:

Ok,

You are right.  There is one more step.  After you do the above, go into Blackberry Maps and press the Menu key.  Press Start GPS Navigation.  Then press the escape button to leave Maps running in the background.  Now take a picture.  You should see the little cross hair on the bottom right that is white with 3 ))) next to it.  Also, after you take a picture, in the properties of the pic on your device, you will see Geotagged in the properties. 

Doc

0 Likes
skalber

Doc, I went into BlackBerry Maps and enabled GPS, it was not enabled. I re-checked everything you guys mentioned, still all set correct and still no geotag working on my pics. :smileysad:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

skalber wrote:

Doc, I went into BlackBerry Maps and enabled GPS, it was not enabled. I re-checked everything you guys mentioned, still all set correct and still no geotag working on my pics. :smileysad:

Skalber,

First check GPS.  When you open Blackberry Maps, does GPS find your location?  If GPS is working in that, and not working in geotagging, then it must be a software glitch.  It sounds like you have all the settings correct.  You might have to reload your OS.  Maybe one of the other users in the forums might have an idea.

Doc

0 Likes