For anyone getting the BREW text msgs from OZ MAIL #18012222269...
jendif

I switched from the LG Dare to a Blackberry Curve and started getting the BREW msgs from OZ MAIL #18012222269. It says BREW and then a bunch of numbers and letters and then says something about if you want these msgs to stop just reply blah blah blah, and they come every time you get an email, MANY times a day! Apparently this has happened to many people, and in my research I have discovered it has something to do with having mobil email on your last phone and not cancelling it before activating the new phone, but NOBODY at Verizon knows anything about it, and yet it's all over the forums and google... But I tried every last possible suggestion that worked for others and none of them worked for me. THEN I googled this problem and ended up on www.my.blackberry.com and found another solution I hadn't already heard, and IT WORKED!!! Here it is: On your phone go to Options<Security Options<Firewall and check SMS and MMS under "Block incoming messages," and then check "address book contacts" under "except messages from." Ever since I did this, no more of those annoying messages!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: For anyone getting the BREW text msgs from OZ MAIL #18012222269...
gmandisco
Enthusiast - Level 3

wouldnt this block ALL incoming messages that arent in the contacts list?

0 Likes
nteeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

This message is from Backup Assistant.  It does not work on you BB.  You need to log on to your old BA web contacts page and disable the auto backup.  Verizon techs should be aware of this as it has appeared many times.

jendif

Doesn't block any emails at all. Just blocks any texts that are not from someone in your contacts list. This is no big deal to me as I don't need to receive a text msg from someone who isn't in my address book. Going on 24 hours now and still no BREW msgs. Smiley Happy I literally tried all other solutions from changing email password to a hundred other things and this is the only thing that worked, unless I wanted to change my number. As for the other reply, I'm not sure what this has to do with backup assistant at all.

0 Likes
gmandisco
Enthusiast - Level 3
For those of you who don't want to block any messages (like me, who gets many messages a day from unknown numbers) I have a solution. On the top of this page, roll your cursor over the support tab then click contact us. Then click email and twll them exactly what's going on - that you are receiving brew messages and you want them to stop. They replied and mine stopped within 24 hours. GO VERIZON. I highly recommend not blocking sms messages. Verizon sends account info (verifying that you paid a bill, or that your acct password was changed) over sms. If you have it blocked you won't receive these emails. ---------- Sent from my Blackberry Tour.
0 Likes
surfrod

for the life of me I can't find a link to email verizon support Smiley Sad

worst customer support links on the 'net (well ... among big companies anyways !)

MODERATOR'S COMMENT:  Due to many complaints in this forum concerning the lack of a chat option and non responses to emails sent to customer service, the email option has been replaced with a chat option.

I will attempt to see if there is still a link available if someone wishes to still email Customer Service.

><

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
photometric
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contact us is above support next to Store Locator and About Us...Very top of the page.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/contact_us/

0 Likes
surfrod

contact us only takes you to lines-of-questions and a chat button that is currently disabled.

no email address is available, from what I can see

0 Likes