Error when plugging in my 9930
JobeppoMD

When I plug in my blackberry 9930 a driver installation window pops up installing MTP USB Device.

It continually fails. Even if I remove the micro sd card from the device it still does this same sequence and fails..I have removed and reloaded the Desktiop manager software which also did not help.

I have also wiped the device and reloaded it which also did not help.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Error when plugging in my 9930
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Try Options, Memory, and next to MTP set to off. May try setting mass storage mode to on and auto enable mass storage to prompt.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Try Options, Memory, and next to MTP set to off. May try setting mass storage mode to on and auto enable mass storage to prompt.

0 Likes
Johnny34

Hi,

On the device there is Options -- Device --  Storage.. I have Media Card Support unchecked as well as the Micro SD card out of the device and I rebooted and is still get the error on driver installation:

Device is at current version of 7.1.0 Bundle 1737

Thanks

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Make sure that your desktop software and device drivers are current. Recheck sd card support option on your phone, replace sd, restart phone, plug into computer and watch for use usb mode to pop up when you plug it in.

0 Likes
Johnny34

Still receiving the error message -- Trying to install the driver. MTP Device Driver Failed When plugging in device.

I do not see the USB option only the SYNC or CHARGE.   I cannot use as USB device all the latest s/w is installed.

I have attached 2 pictures showing what happens when plugging in the device and how it fails.

Is there a driver availble ?  This should work. I have always had Blackberrys with USB access.

I appreciate any assistance. Is this a Blackberry Device issue? Windows7 issue?

Not sure whats going on !  Please help... 

Thank you so much !

JD

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Johnny34,

If this is only happening when you plug the Blackberry device in, it will be a problem with the Blackberry phone. You can contact Blackberry at 877-255-2377 to get assistance for their device.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes