Error starting syncclient_ba_bb9530: Symbol'BlackberryPIM.openUnifiedPIMList' not found
weederjc

Please help. I am trying desperately to download Backup Assistant to my Storm and keep receiving the above error message when I try to run the program even though it says it was successfully installed. I have searched message boards, tried to navigate Verizon's support Web site, spent an hour-and-a-half on phone with tech support this morning and was basically told, "Sorry I don't know how to help you." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app SEVERAL times. I have "rebooted" the phone. I dialed *228 and selected option 2. I took the battery out and replaced. I have updated/downloaded everything I can think of. I registered the host routing table again. I enabled all permissions to "allow."

After all that, I gave up and downloaded the BlackBerry desktop manager software to my laptop and when I connected my phone with USB and told it to backup/sync, it gave me another error message.

The only conclusion I have come to is this phone is a lemon several times over.

SOMEONE AT VERIZON PLEASE HELP. I have a new Storm 2 I want to activate but cannot do so until I get my contacts off this Storm.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Error starting syncclient_ba_bb9530: Symbol'BlackberryPIM.openUnifiedPIMList' not found
adf35123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a quick though, is there a adequate amount of memory free on your phone? Do you have any other programs installed that may be trying to sync at the same time? Make sure you have the most current OS software updates. I personally have not had these errors but those are some of the first things to check.

0 Likes
Re: Error starting syncclient_ba_bb9530: Symbol'BlackberryPIM.openUnifiedPIMList' not found
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

The easiest way to do this is to plug up both Blackberry's to your computer. Once you have done this choose the menu tab and click move to new blackberry. Then click to sync. After you have done this all your information including contacts will be forwarded to your new device. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
footerbare

I have the same problem with my Blackberry storm and I'm moving to a Droid X. How do I transfer?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I ran into this error upgrading a Storm to an Droid 2. Here's what I learned.

1. The Storm had an old OS, one that had never been upgraded during ownership. When I installed Blackberry Desktop Manager it wanted to push out the latest OS - so I realized that may have been part of the problem.

So anyone running into this problem might want to consider upgrading the Storm OS. It seems a lot of work given that you are going to throw the phone in a drawer, so onto #2.

2. In desperation I googled Blackberry Android and found an article on what you should know when upgrading from one to the other. The article mentioned Google Sync - so I downloaded that on to the storm, then synced to the Gmail account. That pushed up the contacts.

After I activated the Droid 2, I was forced to sync to Google as part of the install - and sure enough, the contacts were there. I could have saved a couple of hours researching this error and on the phone with the VZ Helpless Desk had I read this article first.

So anyone running into this error in the future, try the above solutions before you waste your time like I wasted mine. And oh, if you have any doubts about upgrading from the Storm to Android, set them aside. I can't believe I suffered with the Storm for as long as I did. When I switched to the Droid X it felt like I had been swimming with one arm tied behind my back, and with the Droid X I suddenly felt like I not only had both arms, but flippers too.

Enjoy!

0 Likes
JKA

I have received the same error message trying to move contacts from a Blackberry Storm to an iphone. The reason I am switching to an iphone is because the Blackberry Storm has been such a lemon for me - the worst phone I have ever had.

I have tried updating the OS on the Blackberry. I have followed all instructions from Verizon, but I cannot open the Back Up Assistant. Since I do not have an Android, I don't think the Google ideas would work.

Someone please help me. 

0 Likes
TampaMike
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, this error occurs because the Blackberry OS version has to be version 5.0 or higher. Version 4.X will not work. You would want to download the Blackberry Desktop Software (http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/), and update your device's software. Once that has been done, you can visit http://start.vzw.com from your device and download BUA (Backup Assistant). When you download, be sure "set application permissions" is checked. Once installed, be sure to set all permissions to "Allow."

0 Likes