Email delay
ashiin

I'm having trouble with my new blackberry, I used my hotmail account with my blackberry and it takes a while to get my emails (for example I sent one to myself and it took a whole night to receive it on my blackberry).

Is there anything I can do to fix that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email delay
wldkatz03

someone please correct me if i'm wrong but email will have a slight delay if not on BES or pushed through a blackberry email address.  I've been using a BB for many years and that has always been the case with my personal email...sometimes the delay is up to 10 minutes...

0 Likes
hazex00110

Blackberry (both BES and BIS) use push. So as soon as an email shows up in  your inbox you should be receiving it on  your device.  The delay in email (an entire night is way too long) could be caused by several things. I would recommend going to http://www.blackberr.com/go/vzw and logging in. If you don't know your information you can contact verizon wireless tech support. Once you've logged in verify that your emails are correct and that they are validated.

On a side note I have heard of issues with hotmail/msn emails. If this is a case try setting up a gmail account (Free) and see if you continue to have the problem.

Best of Luck

0 Likes
wldkatz03
If that is true...i'm averaging 9 minutes on my cox.net accounts to my blackberry...why would this be?  Do i have to install something onto my computer?
0 Likes
hazex00110
Nothing has to be installed. I imagine it may just be the email service provider. I use gmail and I have 3 accounts. They come through withing 30 seconds of an email being sent.
0 Likes