Does your Blackberry Bold 9930 keyboard light up?
BrendaLeeB

Is it my imagination or is something wrong with my Blackberry Bold 9930 keyboard?  Shouldn't it light up?  Does yours?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does your Blackberry Bold 9930 keyboard light up?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

You may have already found an answer elsewhere, but yes, your keyboard should light up when your device senses low lighting. I have a different model BB with a keyboard, but even if I'm in a well-lit area but cover up the light sensor where the LED light is, the keyboard lights up.

When and where did you buy the device? If you got it from Verizon and you're within 14 days, you can exchange it for another new one. After 14 days, you'll probably get a refurbished model.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BrendaLeeB!

You are absolutely correct! The keyboard does have a backlight that will illuminate the letters in low light. Does the device do that for you? If not, please try removing the battery (while the phone is on), wait 15-20 seconds, then reboot and test! It should be working properly!

Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BrendaLeeB

Thank you very much for your response. I removed the battery and reinstalled it. The backlight on the keyboard is still not working. Any other suggestions?

Brenda

0 Likes