Data issues?
dkilryan

So, I've had my Blackberry Bold 9650 CPO for like a month, and until the past few days, i haven't had a problem.

But recently, anytime i try to run the Facebook app, I get an error message saying, "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application.  If you want to use this application, please contact your service provider to upgrade your plan"

Anytime I'm not within range of wifi and i try to run my browser, I get the error message saying, "Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must use Wi-Fi or contact your service provider to change your service plan."

Can someone please tell me how to fix this, or what I need to do or who I need to contact?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data issues?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
As far as Facebook, I've heard there are issues with the app. Try my suggestion below for the wifi/mobile network problem, and if you still have Facebook problems, it's probably the app.

Check your settings: Manage Connections>>be sure M obile network is checked.
Then go to Options>>Mobile Network, and make sure it's on and detected.
What is your Network Technology setting?

Reboot after checking/changing settings and see if you are connected. What does your phone icon show in the top right corner? Wifi only?
0 Likes
dkilryan

In the top corner it shows 3G coverage and Wifi coverage. Both of which are very good. I tried your suggestion and I'm still getting the same error..

Thank you for the quick reply though,

Dakota

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

dkilryan wrote:

In the top corner it shows 3G coverage and Wifi coverage. Both of which are very good. I tried your suggestion and I'm still getting the same error..

Thank you for the quick reply though,

Dakota

Hi,

Just for kicks, call Customer Service from your device at *611 and make sure they added the Blackberry data plan to your base plan.  Without it, you would get those errors.  It is possible they did not add the data plan to your account.  It is $29.99/month.

Doc

0 Likes