Damaged phone
Bill_of_Seaford

Hello all,

Little problem here....My daughters phone (Blackberry 8230) was damaged during a hurried pack-up of the vehicle for the return home trip the evening of the fourth. Anyhow, I believe the phone was run over - the outer display is whacked...

Question is: How can I replace her phone for her? She had a previous mishap with her first one so this one was a replacement. She has her own account so I would need to just buy her a new phone, give it to her to have activated? Hint - the phone purchased out-right is $429.99 so is there a sensable way to get one for less without adding a line or something pertaining to my account?

Help!

Thanks,

Bill C.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Damaged phone
Bill_of_Seaford

Should this question be under a different topic?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did your daughter have insurance on the phone?  If so, it can be replaced by paying a deductible....

You can probably find an equivalent on ebay or craigslist - just be sure it is branded for Verizon and has a clear ESN (you can call Verizon with the ESN and they can tell you if it's clear and able to be activated on your account.)

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Bill_of_Seaford wrote:

Hello all,

Little problem here....My daughters phone (Blackberry 8230) was damaged during a hurried pack-up of the vehicle for the return home trip the evening of the fourth. Anyhow, I believe the phone was run over - the outer display is whacked...

Question is: How can I replace her phone for her? She had a previous mishap with her first one so this one was a replacement. She has her own account so I would need to just buy her a new phone, give it to her to have activated? Hint - the phone purchased out-right is $429.99 so is there a sensable way to get one for less without adding a line or something pertaining to my account?

Help!

Thanks,

Bill C.

Since your phone was run over that counts as physical damage. Warranty does not cover any physical or liquid damage done to the phone. If you happen to have insurance then that would be a different story.Insurance does cover both physical & liquid damage. You then have the option to buy a newer phone at discount price (price should be below $429.99). If you don't have insurance you can replace the phone by just paying full price for the phone.

Ask a friend or family member if they have a spare Verizon phone you can use. Even look around your home to see if you have one. If you find one activate it.Lert her use that instead.

0 Likes