Couple of question regarding my BB 8330
zhanghong

Hi all, I have had my Blackberry for couple of months, and generally like it (small & lightweight), though I have couple of questions:

• Battery life, I used to have a Samsung Omnia, but I found the battery life to be horrible (average 2 days), so I switched to Blackberry as the sale person claims it has a very good battery life, unfortunately it only gets slightly better (2 or 3 days). Are there some tips I should look into? FYI, I kept a very close eye on the number of running application and always closes those which are unnecessary. It didn't make a big difference.

• What's the most efficient way to manager (specifically remove) applications? II know it can be easily done via desktop manager but I'd like to do it locally on BB. I talked to one customer support lady, who shows me how to go to "opinions->advanced->service book" to remove some applications. But it looks rather cubersome to me, and it can't remove all applications.
  • Data plan, on this aspect I mainly use my BB to sync with my Google contact/email/calendar so I added a data plan, but I'm very unhappy with my bill, here is recent one:

Current Calling Plan 05/19 - 06/18 39.99
Current Data Plan 05/19 - 06/18 29.99
Mobile Broadband Connect 5GB 05/19 - 06/18 30.00
Total $99.98

I think something is very wrong with my plan setup, could someone give me some suggestions on how to cut my bills? I feel pretty stupid for paying $100 on my wireless bill based on current economy conditions.

regards,

Hong

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Couple of question regarding my BB 8330
TabooBlue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep my Curve 8330 docked in a charging pod when I'm not using it. It charges from the metal tabs on the back of the BlackBerry. I have a couple of them sitting around my house. When I'm on the go, I'm always good and charged up! You can get these on Amazon and eBay for $6-$12. You will need a plug in charger cord for it, if you charge from an outlet. Or, a the mini-USB cable if you charge it from your PC or laptop.

To delete apps, go to Options (on your desktop), Advanced, Applications. Highlight the application that you want to delete from that list. Very easy to do. You don't have to go to service books!

The Data Plan with the BlackBerry is a must, if you want to take full advantage of all the features. The BlackBerry is a handheld PC, not just a phone.

I love mine and have no complaints. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The Data plan for $29.99 is required, that's what gives you the unlimited email & web. However that 3rd charge you have on there for Mobile Broadband Connect is only an optional feature. It allows you to use the phone as a modem for a computer. If you don't need it, call and ask to remove it, or do it in your MyVerizon.

And 2-3 days of battery life not good enough? are you flipping insane???!?!?! That's awesome. I pick up and use my phone every 5 minutes or less and I can only get MAYBE a full 10 hours of use. Sheesh.

0 Likes
HOTANDSWEETBMW

How did u get ur Calling Plan for only $39.99? How many minutes does it have? Anybody have any Advice on how to make my bill smaller? I currently have NATIONWIDE SELECT 900 $79.99 plus $20 for unlimited text/ picture messages...which runs me total about $90 monthly. But I just upgraded to try BB Curve 8330 and it requiered data plan, which added $30 to my $90 monthly bill. Any tricks or unknown methods of reducing my bill? And also have any of you upgraded their Palm 700W to Curve 8330? Do I have an option to try it 30 days and return it if I dont like it? And will I still be able to switch back to my current plan (with no data) or only Black Berries require data plans, not my treo 700w? Ur help greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

You should note that the 900Select plan @ $79.99 already includes the unlimited messaging, it is not an additional $20. The calling plan for $39.99 only has 450min and DOES NOT include any messaging. 

All Blackberry's do in fact require a data plan. The Treo700W would not require a data plan, you have the option for a block or pay-as-you-go. And any device you purchase directly from VZW has a 30day return/exchange period; which also includes being able to return to your previous plan. 

0 Likes