Contacts, pics, videos, GONE.
Kbesse414

I recently picked up my blackberry, and saw that all my contacts were deleted, all my pictures were deleted, all my videos were deleted, and all my calender dates were deleted. I think my brother was messing with the phone and kept entering the wrong password, so it deleted all my information. Now, all the apps I downloaded were still on the phone, they were in my downloads folder. but it was like i had just gotten the phone, like it was new. it made me do the setup wizard and everything. I didnt backup and restore my phone on the computer, i have plugged it into the computer once or twice to put music on it but thats it. if anyone KNOWS OF A SOLUTION, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, help me. I had over 100 contacts and pictures of family i havnt seen in YEARS on this phone. PLEASE, help. thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts, pics, videos, GONE.
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Sorry about your problem.  It sounds like little brother entered the incorrect password 10 times and your phone reset.  Once a device is reset back to factory settings, the data is lost forever.  You have learned a valuable lesson about backup. 

Doc

0 Likes
Kbesse414

This is UNACCEPTABLE. if this is the way blackberry does things, im switching my whole plan over to something else. This si RIDICOULAS. Your telling me my phone has decided to DELETE ALL MY THINGS, PERSONAL THINGS, because the password was entered incorrectly? This is ridicoulas. There has to be someway to fix it.

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

If the incorrect password was entered 10 times, your Storm would be "locked out!" Is it locked out? Meaning you cannot do anything with your Storm? You have to take Storm back to Verizon Store, not "authorized dealer" to unlock it. Maybe your brother just mischievously deleted everything on your phone.:smileysad:

0 Likes
Kbesse414

no its all gone, like i can receive texts and emails, like my email is registered, and all my app downloads are there, and i can make calls and receive calls but all my contacts, pics, everythign is gone. im just going to take it into the store tomorrow and see what they can do. if they cant fix it im going to be PIS*ED! I had 100+ contacts for work and such. and he didnt know what he was doing he just kept entering in numbers and stuff, and i wasnt paying attention. hes only 8 so he didnt do it on purpose.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The Blackberry was first developed for business users and the password lockout was a security feature built in to deter theft of company data and secrets.  For more on this from Blackberry go here

Doc

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

Your Storm is not locked. He must have accidentally deleted all your contacts, and videos, etc. when pressing icons or something. I don't know if Verizon tech can help. If had a non Blackberry phone could use Backup Assistance and Media Retrieval from My Verizon account to get contacts and pics back. Those options don't apply on Blackberry phones. Should have backed up Storm info on computer. It happen to me about my contacts, I never back up contacts before O.S. upgrade on Storm, I had to manually reenter all phone numbers back into my Store. Sorry.:smileysad:  

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, Sandman,

You are correct.  In fact, this post made me realize that I had not backed up my data on my new Tour since I bought it about a month ago.  I just did it with the Blackberry Desktop Manager and I have a little peace of mind.  What's the old saying, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  I think I'm showing my age now..lol.

Doc

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

I stand corrected. I read the Blackberry feature, the phone will not be locked out. Instead all data will be erased as a security feature.:smileysurprised:

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

I think you are correct on all data will be erased if the incorrect password is entered 10 times. I thought the Storm will be locked out.:smileysurprised:

0 Likes