Contact List
terip422

Does anyone know if it is possible to have 2 contact lists (address books) for the BB curve 8530?  Example:  you have 2 email accounts - 1 work and 1 personal.  Would like to set up a contact list for each account. I have already set up a calendar for each account.  The help in BB appears to indicate this can be done but doesn't tell you how.  When I sync my BB through outlook I have been able to sync the calendars separately but all the contacts are listed together even though in outlook I have 2 separate contacts folders.  This leads me to believe I need 2 contact lists (address books) on my BB which I would prefer  so they would be separated but I can't figure out how to do that.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contact List
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You can do many things with your contact list.  One of the features I like, is dividing in into categories.  I have a category for work, one for family, and another for friends.  The way you divide your contacts is like this:

1. Open the contacts app on your device.
  2. Select a contact.
  3. Press the menu key (to the left of the trackpad) and select Edit.
  4. Scroll down the contact page towards the bottom and stop at Categories.
  5. Press Edit under the categories list.
  6. Now, by default, you should have business and I believe family as a category.  You can create as many new categories as you need right here.  To create a new category, press the menu key and select New.  Name the category and it will appear in the list.  Select the category you want this contact to be associated with by pressing the trackpad.  Press the escape button (to the right of the trackpad) and select Save.  Press it again and Save the changes to the contact.
  7. Now, each contact will have to be edited one by one to make the changes you want. 
  8. After you have changed your contacts, press the Menu key and select Filter.
  9. Select the category you want to appear, say family.
  10. Now, only the contacts listed under the category family will appear.
  11. This filter will remain in place until you change it back to show all.  To do so, press the Menu key and select Filter and uncheck the filter you have checked.  Now all of your contacts will show.

This takes a while to perform on each contact if you have a lot, but if you back up your contacts with Blackberry Desktop Software, those changes and your contacts with the categories will be saved for you.

Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
terip422

Thank you very much!  That works and it was just what I was wanting to do!  I knew there had to be a way I just couldn't figure it out!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

terip422 wrote:

Thank you very much!  That works and it was just what I was wanting to do!  I knew there had to be a way I just couldn't figure it out!:smileyhappy:

Hey,

A happy ending to a story.  I am glad it was what you wanted.  Good luck...

Doc

0 Likes