Cannot validate email account
promano11

Hi, I have been using my Blackberry with 4 email accounts successfully for a couple of years.  Now one of my email accounts needs validation.  When I type the password for the validation, however, it is not accepted.  It says the password is invalid, but it's the same password I have been using for several years. 

Any suggestions how solve this?

THe email account is a Microsoft Web Account through the university I am afiilitated with.

Thanks,

Paul

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot validate email account
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Sometimes you can delete the email account from your device and then set it back up and it will work.  You might try that.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Cannot validate email account
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Try doing a soft reset on the phone steps are listed below, once that is done do a PRL update on the phone by dialing *228 option 2. Then make sure that your email setting on your blackberry is still set up in the correct format.

To perform a soft reset, complete the following steps:

1. Press and hold the Altkey on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  2. While holding down the Alt key, press and hold the Right Shiftkey.
  3. With both of those buttons still pressed, press the Backspace/Deletekey. The display on the BlackBerry smartphone turns off to indicate that the reset has started, and the keys can now be released. 
If the steps provided to you do not work reset your password and validate your email settings.