Cannot load Subscription Music to Rhapsody after Upgrade to 5.0.0.607 For BB Storm 2
Dues29

After upgrading to BB 5.0.0.607 for Storm 2, Rhapsody recognizes device as Blackberry 1 & 2, not as Blackberry 9550 Storm2 as previous.  Cannot load subscription music, Rhapsody doesn't recognize device as a valid subscription device.  Any suggestions or ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot load Subscription Music to Rhapsody after Upgrade to 5.0.0.607 For BB Storm 2
Not applicable

I don't have an answer, but if it makes you feel better I'm having the same problem.  Rhapsody won't detect my Storm 2 at all.  Not on my computer or my wife's computer.  Both are running Win 7 with the latest Rhapsody player software downloaded from Rhapsody.  My problem is I have about a week left before my Rhapsody-to-Go tracks expire.

I always tried pulling up my device in Windows Media Player and it can't see it either.  I'm guessing something is broken with Plays4Sure.

In all cases, I connected the Storm 2 and selected No for the "Turn on Mass Storage Mode" prompt.

Blackberry Desktop Manager can sync to the phone just fine so I know I have a good connection to the computer.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot load Subscription Music to Rhapsody after Upgrade to 5.0.0.607 For BB Storm 2
Dues29

I found the solution last night.  on the Storm 2:

1.  go to Options on the Mail Screen

2. Select Memory, in the Options queue

3.At the bottom where it says "Auto Enable Mass Storage When Connected" Select NO.

4. You can check this by when you connect the BBerry Storm 2 to your computer, it will state Blackberry 9550 rather than Blackberry 1 and 2.  If you change it to Yes it will state BBerry 1 rahter than Blackberry 9550

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Dues29

This also works with the upgrade to BBerry 5.0.0.607. 

0 Likes
Dues29

Sorry about that, just re-read your post.  Here are the settings that I have and the Storm 2 Works for me.

Compression  Enabled

Media Card Support ON

Meida Transfer Protocol ON

Mass Storage Mode Support ON

Auto Enable Mass Support When Connected NO

I hope that helps.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That worked!  I guess during the upgrade from 5.0.0.320 to 5.0.0.607  the "Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)" option got set to Off.

Also, the latest Rhapsody software seems to be working a little better than it had in the past.

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes