Cannot call out without headphones or speaker
conways

My son's phone is a Blackberry Tour (I believe). He is away at school and told me he can't make calls unless his headphones are plugged into it or he uses the speakerphone. Anyone know why?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot call out without headphones or speaker
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

In some instances, when you are having issues with email on your Blackberry, following the steps provided below may resolve the issue right away:

- Press the Menu button, and choose the Manage Connections icon, turn all connections off for 1 minute, turn all connections on. 

- Press Menu button, and choose Options icon, select Advanced Options, Select Host routing Table, press Menu button, select Register Now.             

- Power the Blackberry off and remove the battery for 1 minute, then replace the battery and power the device on. 

Thank you, LatachaM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Cannot call out without headphones or speaker
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Thank-you LatachaM_VZW for your suggestion, which is a good one.  For many of those type of problems with a Blackberry device, trying a simple battery pull will solve the problem.  RIM even recommends pulling the battery out for a moment and then putting it back to allow your device to reboot at least once every couple of days.  Blackberry devices are notorious for using the free memory in its daily uses and rebooting helps to reclaim some of that memory.  If this does not solve your son's problem, please let us know here in the forums and someone will be glad to try and help.

Doc

0 Likes