Can't Find Apps and Internet doesn't work HELP PLEASE!!!!
meg

I just switched to a replacement blackberry but now the internet doesn't work. I can't find the icon for the internet or for BBM. Can anyone help me find the icons (which are not hidden) and help me get my internet working again.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Find Apps and Internet doesn't work HELP PLEASE!!!!
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

When you get a replacement Blackberry you need to re-register your device with RIM's severs. Click on the Options icon and select Advanced Options> Host Routing Table and hit your menu button then select "Register Now". You should get a message confirmation you've registered. Then your browser icon should reappear.

Check for BBM in the Instant Messanger folder. If not, after you've got your data services working again you can download Blackberry App World and then download BBM 5.0.

0 Likes
meg

I registered now and received the confirmation but it is still not working and I can't find that icon either.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hey this might still not work but give it a try Dial *228 press #1 also what blackberry do you have?
0 Likes
TexNan

I had the same problem: upgraded to Storm 2 and could not get internet to work. My phone was set to Wi-Fi service. After many hours on the phone with Verizon and Bberry Customer Support, we determined it was the phone. RETURN YOUR PHONE to the vendor for a replacement.  Hope this is helpful. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
monteinjax
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to any computer and copy and paste this URL http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Re-send the Service Books, That should bring back all services availible on your Device, Internet Icon should show up.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Nice tip, but that's for email, try and register again.
0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Service Books are for all services availible on the device thru your carrior, hence the name Service Books. Go to Service books and look whats in there, it will list internet and all services,

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yeah your right It could work in this case...
0 Likes