Call blocking
nyteach

What message will someone receive if I block their number?  Will they be able to get to my voicemail? Is there a way to push certain calls to voicemail all the time?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call blocking
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

nyteach wrote:

What message will someone receive if I block their number?  Will they be able to get to my voicemail? Is there a way to push certain calls to voicemail all the time?

I know for calling, the person will hear the message that your number is no longer available. Some phones have the option to send the caller to voice mail without actually blocking their number. Check under contacts and see if there is an option to send their calls directly to voice mail. Other phones you can just go to settings-->phone settings-->security-->default last 4 digits of your phone number-->restricted-->Calls-->Contacts only

nyteach

Thanks. If someone is sending me directly to voicemail, but not blocking me completly, what happens if I send them a text message?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

nyteach wrote:

Thanks. If someone is sending me directly to voicemail, but not blocking me completly, what happens if I send them a text message?

I am not sure about text messaging. I would know if the person blocked all incoming and outgoing. just don't know about if a person blocks a specific person for texting. Maybe someone else will know.

0 Likes
nyteach

Thanks. If somone is sending you directly to voicemail, is that the same as blocking a number? Will they still get a voicemail if you leave one?

Also, don't know how to end a sentence with the!

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

nyteach wrote:

Thanks. If somone is sending you directly to voicemail, is that the same as blocking a number? Will they still get a voicemail if you leave one?

Also, don't know how to end a sentence with the!

It's not the same no. If the person sends your call directly to voice mail, you still have the ability to leave the person a voice message. If the person blocked your number you wouldn't be able to leave a voice message from your phone number.  If the person is sending you straight to voice mail yes the person still can get a voicemail if you leave one.

You just did end a sentence with the word the :smileywink:

0 Likes