CAN I GET a free STORM2 since I purchased one?
DebbieCarpenter

We were told that we could receive any Blackberry free (of equal or lesser cost) after purchasing one

when we renewed two contracts for 2 yrs each.  This was an operator who advised us to do it online

because it allowed you to get the rebates applied immediately. 

The next day when we decided to do this, the Storm2 popped up.  We had wanted this phone as

being better than the Storm original (which supposedly freezes up and has short batt. life) but

it was showing no signs of being available that quickly. 

Yesterday it popped up so we ordered one, then tried to get a second one free.  We had "lost" the

operator who told us we could get "ANY" Bberry of equal or less cost, free upon the purchase of

one.  NOW we got various online special operators who said, nope, not good on the Storm2.

Looking online this morning, after ordering ONE phone (storm2), I see a large online promotion

that offers the same deal (which I was also told was over) Buy ANY Blackberry get one free upon

reactivation yadda yadda yadda... and pictures lo and behold the NEW STORM2 which we just

got, as one of the choices.

I don't know how to get around these online operators none of whom seem to have the same

information.  CAN I GET a free STORM2 since I purchased one?  Does anyone know?

THANKS. I have 30 days to I guess get this corrected.

{moved from Blog - edited to clarify title}

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CAN I GET a free STORM2 since I purchased one?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

DebbieCarpenter wrote:

We were told that we could receive any Blackberry free (of equal or lesser cost) after purchasing one

when we renewed two contracts for 2 yrs each.  This was an operator who advised us to do it online

because it allowed you to get the rebates applied immediately. 

The next day when we decided to do this, the Storm2 popped up.  We had wanted this phone as

being better than the Storm original (which supposedly freezes up and has short batt. life) but

it was showing no signs of being available that quickly. 

Yesterday it popped up so we ordered one, then tried to get a second one free.  We had "lost" the

operator who told us we could get "ANY" Bberry of equal or less cost, free upon the purchase of

one.  NOW we got various online special operators who said, nope, not good on the Storm2.

Looking online this morning, after ordering ONE phone (storm2), I see a large online promotion

that offers the same deal (which I was also told was over) Buy ANY Blackberry get one free upon

reactivation yadda yadda yadda... and pictures lo and behold the NEW STORM2 which we just

got, as one of the choices.

I don't know how to get around these online operators none of whom seem to have the same

information.  CAN I GET a free STORM2 since I purchased one?  Does anyone know?

THANKS. I have 30 days to I guess get this corrected.

{moved from Blog - edited to clarify title}

Debbie,

If you are elgible for upgrades on both of your lines, then yes, you can get a Storm2 for $179.99 plus a free Storm 2 (or one of lesser value).  Get on the phone and ask to speak to a customer service supervisor.  They should make the changes to your account and get you all set. 

Doc

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Before taking advantage of the BOGO you would need to return the first Blackberry you bought. Since the Storm 2 is the most expensive Blackberry right now the only way you can get a free Storm 2 is to buy 1 Storm 2.

So if you bought a Pearl Flip, Tour or Storm 1 there's no way you can get the Storm 2 as a free phone because the Pearl, Tour and Storm 1 are all less than $179.99.

0 Likes
Ladypradehe
Hi Debbie! That BOGO Free def applies to the BS2 bc I added 2 lines to my existing account and got the BOGO on the **bleep**@. Those sales reps are on commission and they will get more commission if you buy both instead of BOGO free. It does not say on the site that it does not apply to the BS2. If they will not honor I would get with a manager or threaten to cancel, they would much rather give you what you want than to see you leave. Trust Me I use to work for their competitor.
0 Likes
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

You should return the Storm2 AFTER speaking to customer service. The rep you spoke to prior to buying the new phone should be noted on your account. If not, ask to speak to a supervisor to get it noted that you want another free Storm2. The Storm2 BOGO DOES apply online, not in store or over the phone. So, return the storm you bought, get the supervisor to note it on your account to change your upgrade dates back so you can use the BOGO offer.

0 Likes