Re: Bold 9650 with OS 6 and Random Reboots
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hey,

What specific camera effects are missing?

Doc
0 Likes
JRHami

I am also experiencing random reboots on my Blackberry Bold.  This has occurred before and after the installation of the new OS.  In my case it seems to be triggered when I activate the camera, but just today a reboot occurred when I hit the convenience key.  Any information would be much appreciated.  I can not see any relation to third party apps since this occurred before and after apps were loaded.

0 Likes
jratliff

I'm having the random reboot issue as well. I've tried wiping the device and installing OS 6 from Desktop Manager. I've also tried wiping and upgrading inclemently from .975 to 6 via the OTA updates.

I've tried shrinking the OS down to just the basic OS (with no user apps except the required software) and I still get the random reboots (in other words, it happens even with no add-on apps installed).

I've tried changing the memory card and even tried it without the SIM card installed all with no luck.

The interesting thing is I've never had a random reboot with a 5.0 OS so I really don't think it's a hardware issue. They just occur with any leaked or official 6 OS. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
jedwalker00

I am also having ramdom reboots on my brand new Bold 9650 with OS 6.  The reboots first started on my Tour and they told me the device had gone bad and I needed to upgrade.  I upgraded to the Bold 9650 but the first one had the 5.0 latest version on it.  That phone rebooted as well.  After doing a wipe and starting from scratch the phone still kept rebooting so I took it back to Verizon and they gave me a new Bold but this one had the OS 6 and this one is also doing the same thing.  At this point I really can't believe that all three phones were bad so I know it has to be some kind of glitch but my reboots happen whether i'm using the phone or not.  They happen a lot while I'm using the trackpad.  They had told me that my memory card might be the problem with my first Bold so I did not put it into my new Bold with the OS 6 and it didn't matter because the phone was rebooting anyway so I knew it was not my memory card.  I did not load any applications to the OS 6 Bold and STILL the phone reboots.  I really like the Bold and the company I work for has the Enterprise Server so I want to stay with a BlackBerry but at this point the reboots are just too annoying.  I am hoping that someone out there has found what may be causing the problem.  I hope to hear from someone soon. 

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

JRHami wrote:

I am also experiencing random reboots on my Blackberry Bold.  This has occurred before and after the installation of the new OS.  In my case it seems to be triggered when I activate the camera, but just today a reboot occurred when I hit the convenience key.  Any information would be much appreciated.  I can not see any relation to third party apps since this occurred before and after apps were loaded.

A soft reset may resolve the issues outlined on your post. To perform a soft reset on your phone please follow the instructions below:

Remove battery with phone ON. Replace battery after 10 seconds. Power phone ON. Allow phone to complete the applications registration.

Please keep in mind that Smartphones are like computers and from time to time they will stop responding due to multiple factors including the amount of applications running at the same time, the amount of media saved and the amount of memory available, and just like our computers need to be rebooted, our phones need to be rebooted from time to time.

Additionally, you can try a Hard Reset as a last option as this will bring your device to factory settings and will erase all data from it. Please make sure to back up all important information before you do a Hard Reset. You can find detailed instructions to do a Hard Reset at the link below:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB18998

You can find detailed instructions to back up and restore information using Blackberry Desktop Software at the link below:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB23680

0 Likes
RLandry

I am having the same issue and for a Verizon Support rep to suggest a hard reset after reading all these messages is crazy.  I am on my 4th week now of troubleshooting, my 3rd replacement phone, running no apps, at least 6 security wipes, multiple times of re-registering and re-sending service books, and still having the same issue.

My wife and I have the same phones and I upgraded both to 6.0 on the same day and that is when it started.  I have been a Blackberry user for 5-6 years and never had this issue until 6.0.  When they send me a replacement phone it works for 3-5 days with maybe having to do a battery pull once.  Then, the gremlins come back.  Not only does it do the rebooting thing, but they will stop working 3-4 times a day where you cannot make  a call, or use the data for anything (web, e-mail, etc.), nor will it send or receive texts.

I have called in approximately 10 times to tech support and everyone is very nice and the bump me up to blackberry support right away.  They don't have any other options than to replace your phone with something other than a blackberry.  My wife has had it and now is disgusted with Blackberry.  I still love them and wish they would resolve the issue.  They have shipped us a Droid for my wife and I was having luck with my last replacement for about 5 days but now it is doing the same thing again.  It has to be something to do with the operating system and how it reacts to the network signals it is picking up on.  That is my guess.  They need to get their top Blackberry Wizard (from Blackberry, not Verizon) to dring a bunch of Red Bull or whatever and get his butt to work on this problem until it is fixed.

This is costing me money in my business when I cannot receive an e-mail and respond to it ASAP.  Someone, PLEASE fix this problem and let Blackberry know that they are about to lose a lot of customers.

0 Likes
jratliff

RLandry wrote:

I am having the same issue and for a Verizon Support rep to suggest a hard reset after reading all these messages is crazy.  I am on my 4th week now of troubleshooting, my 3rd replacement phone, running no apps, at least 6 security wipes, multiple times of re-registering and re-sending service books, and still having the same issue.

My wife and I have the same phones and I upgraded both to 6.0 on the same day and that is when it started.  I have been a Blackberry user for 5-6 years and never had this issue until 6.0.  When they send me a replacement phone it works for 3-5 days with maybe having to do a battery pull once.  Then, the gremlins come back.  Not only does it do the rebooting thing, but they will stop working 3-4 times a day where you cannot make  a call, or use the data for anything (web, e-mail, etc.), nor will it send or receive texts.

I have called in approximately 10 times to tech support and everyone is very nice and the bump me up to blackberry support right away.  They don't have any other options than to replace your phone with something other than a blackberry.  My wife has had it and now is disgusted with Blackberry.  I still love them and wish they would resolve the issue.  They have shipped us a Droid for my wife and I was having luck with my last replacement for about 5 days but now it is doing the same thing again.  It has to be something to do with the operating system and how it reacts to the network signals it is picking up on.  That is my guess.  They need to get their top Blackberry Wizard (from Blackberry, not Verizon) to dring a bunch of Red Bull or whatever and get his butt to work on this problem until it is fixed.

This is costing me money in my business when I cannot receive an e-mail and respond to it ASAP.  Someone, PLEASE fix this problem and let Blackberry know that they are about to lose a lot of customers.

It's not only crazy, it's flat out insulting. If we're knowledgable  enough to wipe the device and install the new OS either from the DM or OTA, chances are, we've probably tried a freakin' hard/soft reset.

This issue is obviously affecting many 9650 users and it's only happening with OS6 so I'm pretty sure it isn't a hardware issue.

BUMP.

0 Likes
Re: Bold 9650 with Random Reboots
misty12029040

I have the  Bold 9650 and both of them are having the same rebooting problems every since the last update,  I didn't have this problem before the update.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

misty12029040 wrote:

I have the  Bold 9650 and both of them are having the same rebooting problems every since the last update,  I didn't have this problem before the update.

Hi, Misty,

I totally agree with you.  I did not have the rebooting problem until I upgraded my device's software.  I finally downgraded to OS 5.0.0.975 and my Bold runs great.  No reboots or any other problems.  I know everyone upgraded mainly for the better Blackberry web browser with OS 6, but it was not worth it for me.  I did find a suitable alternative for a web browser.  Opera Mini version 6 was just released and it is great.  It features tabbed browsing and more.  Check it out at Opera.com.

Doc

0 Likes
misty12029040

Hi Doc,

Thanks for your reply. I considered getting away from Blackberry because of these issues but I talked to several people at my job today, they both have the Droid and are having the same issues. They both have the same carrier I have so I'm wondering if it's actually a software problem or the carrier. I'll do an update if I find out anything else. I'll  check out the Opera.com. Thanks again.

Misty

0 Likes