Blackberry won't register to data plan.
Whill98

So I have a Blackberry Storm and it was working fine, well relatively. It would connect to the internet and everything but it would do some weird stuff so I took it to VZ and they replaced it and so when I recieved my new one I was activating it and registering it to the internet but my host routing table was empty. So I go into the store and they tell me that that was happening because the BB systems were down or something so I should just wait for it to work. So two days later I go back in and they tell me the problem is because my connection is only 1xev rather than the 1XEV like it should be so 15 minutes of the guy fiddling around with it (which, I had already been doing for the past two days) he called the 1-800 number and after 15 minutes of them telling him to do exactly what he had been doing for the previous 15 minutes they told him that the Verizon data plans weren't working for anyone who wasn't already registered to the web browser etc. The guy told me that they didn't know when it would be back up so I should just manually reboot my phone every hour or so to check (which to me, makes it seem like the problem should be fixed relatively quickly). It's been two more days since then and my host routing table is still empty and I still only have 1xev. My patience is wearing thin because I'm paying $30 bucks a month to get inernet and email and it's not been working for the past week. I figured if it was something that was happening, as the VZ guy said, "to everyone who is trying to register their phone" there would be at least a forum or two about it, but as I looked I didn't find anything. So I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out in some way or at least let me know I'm not alone. Thanks

Wyatt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry won't register to data plan.
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

There was some problem on 5/1 with BB devices only registering 1XRTT and not EV and getting no data services. I haven't heard if it has been resolved.

You should call the 800 number yourself and follow the prompts for BB support. They're quite good. They should be able to give you more information.

Best of luck.

0 Likes
BradC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Whill98, Sorry to hear you're having issues with your service. Your message has been sent to the Verizon Wireless point-of-contact, who will be in contact with you shortly.

Good luck!

Brad

0 Likes
lserbalik
This exact same thing is happening to me (6/19). I called tech support and the guy was nice but 'didn't know when it was going to be resolved'. So now I am paying for internet and email and can't even get it. This is unbelievable. Does anyone know how this is resolved or how long it will take?
0 Likes
StormModder
Contributor - Level 1

if your Host Routing Table is empty, then you need to re-register it.  options> advanced options> host routing table> menu> register now.

once that's done, you may want to resend your email service books as well.  setup folder> email settings> menu> resend service books.

hope that resolves your issues.

0 Likes