Re: Blackberry Z10
Missfrizzielizzie
Enthusiast - Level 1

People need to read the other forums out there for information on the Z10. Crackberry.com says the phone will be released, and because of the new OS things need to be changed within the Verizon network. This isn't your typical smart phone, it has to have certain system requirements, meaning Verizon is now in the process of updating their system to meet those requirements. And if you seriously can't wait a short month or so for the phone then that is insane. Personally I can wait a bit to make sure the system has all the bugs worked out so my phone doesn't crash! If you are a long BB user then you should know Verizon and other networks have had problems (rarely) with the system crashing. Usually its a short wait for it to be fixed. And of course they have to try and get as many apps here because we as Americans love having the newest coolest apps around, we are consumers. I personally can't wait for these new apps, because BB has been way behind in the app department and its about time someone gave Iphone and Droid a run for their money.

Missfrizzielizzie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also its not like you are missing out on anything right now anyway, no other provider has these phones yet.

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

Can you share his e-mail address?  Maybe we can all e-mail him and find out when they will be able to sell the phone.  At this point the latest reports say that T-Mobile may be the first of the major carriers to sell the phone.  Verizon should not let themselves get beat by T-Mobile...

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

T-Mobile is a GSM carrier and BlackBerry has to add the CDMA radios for voice calls o the model headed for Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
etfred
Enthusiast - Level 3

T mobile here I come...have t mobile sim card in my car...no problems with coverage!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Likes
fcarp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Solavei has already rolled it out in the USA. They are a company that contracts with the four major networks to provide service so we know it is not a "testing" issue or else solavei would not be able to carry the phone.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Solavei-BlackBerry-Z10-US-Launch-Release-Date-Buy-Now,21010.html

It is either the carriers don't want to do it, or BB told them to wait.

0 Likes
etfred
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

GSM version, $999.  That's a mighty expensive phone.

0 Likes
etfred
Enthusiast - Level 3

But without a contract and less monthly fees..may be a better deal.

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

What is GSM and CDMA.  I have heard the terms before, but I do not understand their difference.  Does GSM have automatic voice capabilities which allows for immediate release?  and is it better than CDMA?

0 Likes