Blackberry Tour, Facebook App, not receiving notifications
BozemanBobbie

It's been a week of this going on and obviously I can't fix it and it isn't fixing itself-

So I have checked all my Facebook and Email settings.  I can receive notifications through email and to my Blackberry with email, but not through the Facebook application for Blackberry.  I've checked everything, reinstalled Facebook for Blackberry, sent my service books...

I am out of ideas on how to fix this.

What am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour, Facebook App, not receiving notifications
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.  When you open the Facebook app for Blackberry (latest version 1.6) click the Menu key and select Options.  Then put a check by Blackberry Message application.  It should have done this by default.  If it is checked already, uncheck it and exit the program.  Then go back into the program and reselect the option and maybe it will "take" this time.  Hopefully then you will get the little Facebook icon on the top of your homescreen when you get a Facebook message notification. 

Doc

0 Likes
BozemanBobbie

Thanks for the welcome.  Unfortunately that didn't do anything.  How aggrivating!

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Are you running the 4.7 operating system? When you open up the face book application and hit the menu button and go to options. Does it say at the top " You are currently logged in as XXXXX"

0 Likes
BozemanBobbie

I don't know what OS I am using, but the FB application does say I am logged in.  I can update my status and read other peoples' status, but don't get notifications. 

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Under Facebook options if you have Blackberry Message application checked and it still does not work, the only thing I can suggest is to reinstall.

0 Likes
MrBrownstone

I had Tech Support walk me through this as well.  There's an issue with the software.  you're out of luck unless you can return it within 30 days of purchase.

Hopefully they find a cure for it.  My phone has awesome capabilities...but the inability to use them.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

I have ran 5 different OS's with two different versions of Facebook and none of those combinations had this issue. I bet VZ tech supposrt was a load of help with a third prty app.

0 Likes