Blackberry Storm will not start--a storm is brewing
cgd001

I just purchased my Storm less than a week ago.  When I charged it overnight (turned off), I woke the next morning to find my Storm would not start.  I charged and charged.  Still nothing.  I took it back to the store and exchanged it.  Now, same thing happened to my new Storm.  I've just charged it for 18 hours, turned off.  Still, nothing!  16 hours into the charging, I removed the battery, pressed red button, reinserted battery, reinserted charger, pressed red button...NOTHING!  Is the Blackberry dead or does it take longer than 16 hours to charge?  This is ridiculous.  I have to use this device for work.  Let me know if anyone else has this issue.  Perhaps if it is a charging issue, Verizon should let cutomers know before they start to rely on this device to do work.

HELP ME!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm will not start--a storm is brewing
StormModder
Contributor - Level 1

a couple things to check... if the phone is powered down and plugged in, you'll get a pulsating or flashing green light.  if you don't see that, then try another power outlet.  if it still doesn't work, try another charger (ANY microUSB charger will work, since this is just a troubleshooting step).  if it STILL doesn't work, then I would say you've had 2 bum phones (which is VERY unlikely).

you can also try plugging the phone in without the battery.  it won't boot, but the screen will light up and get to an error message at least.

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm will not start-AAA storm is brewing
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
What about the batteries of your Storm? Make sure there is no corrosion, or any fine dust on the metal contacts. Even the USB connections for the charger, and in the Storm is clean. If you got the Storm "brand new" there not suppose to have corrosion on the metal contacts, unless the enviroment is humid.
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm will not start--a storm is brewing
sassafrass1422
if it wont start take off the back and take out the battery and the memory card out and blow in that area. To turn it one hit the end call button.
0 Likes