Blackberry Storm and Apple IPhone
wb1960
I currently use a berry storm 9530 but have an Apple IPhone. Is there any way of unlocking an Iphone to use as my primary phone with verizon? I am not happen with RIM's OS.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm and Apple IPhone
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
No way cdma and gsm don't work togither
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm and Apple IPhone
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

I highly doubt it as well or else a whole lot of people would have already done so by now.    There are entirely different radios in each device on two incompatible systems as lowrance correctly states.   

However, I gotta tell you that my local Verizon shop tells me they know of someone who somehow managed to hack an iphone to work on Verizon.   Frankly, I won't believe it until I see it . . . but they swear they did as the guy brought it into the store and they verified it!

However, the good news being reported quite widely right now is the Iphone may be legitimately coming to Verizon next year.   My guess is when we go to the new LTE system.    I got a good laugh today when I saw some of the other electronic blogs who clearly got confused by the upcoming  "LTE platform" that Verizon is going to in 2010 . . . they started calling it Iphone LiTE . . . implying that we're getting some kind of watered down Iphone . . . LOL!

0 Likes