Blackberry Storm - Won't hold charge, freezes, can't place calls!!
bumpkin

Hello!

I have had my blackberry storm (9530) for only two months and it is constantly freezing on me. I have updated to the newest OS and am still having all the same issues. I have taken out the battery, done hard resets, let it rest... EVERYTHING! The phone still continues to be my worst nightmare. It now suddenly won't hold a charge even when I haven't used the phone ONCE all day. In addition, when I try to place calls, it will not ring.. then suddenly go to the persons voicemail. I cannot stand this phone! Is there a way for me to return this phone and exchange it for a new one. I have read stories that people go there several storms and still continue to have freezing problems! I pay too much a month for this to be happening. Thanks in advance. :smileyindifferent:

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm - Won't hold charge, freezes, can't place calls!!
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

bumpkin wrote:

Hello!

I have had my blackberry storm (9530) for only two months and it is constantly freezing on me. I have updated to the newest OS and am still having all the same issues. I have taken out the battery, done hard resets, let it rest... EVERYTHING! The phone still continues to be my worst nightmare. It now suddenly won't hold a charge even when I haven't used the phone ONCE all day. In addition, when I try to place calls, it will not ring.. then suddenly go to the persons voicemail. I cannot stand this phone! Is there a way for me to return this phone and exchange it for a new one. I have read stories that people go there several storms and still continue to have freezing problems! I pay too much a month for this to be happening. Thanks in advance. :smileyindifferent:

You had 30 days to test out the phone, so you are passed that. The only thing you can do is warranty exchange. Even with warranty, you'll get a refurbished Storm (same phone as you have now).
0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

bumpkin wrote:

Hello!

Re-install the 5.0 Software using Desktop Manager, Make sure that during the install at one point when it reboots you should get a 507 error. This tells you there is no operating system on the device. It will then continue to install the new software. If you don't get the 507 error, the device is not deleting the old operating system completely, This is what causes 90 Percent of the problems after installing a new update. If the Desktop Manager don't delete it for you, you can download BBSAK (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife) On-line for free, it will completely wipe your device before using Desktop Manager.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
hello, sorry to hear that, now inconvenience is the word here and Mann that sucks, hey try safe mode see if that works. I hope you get this nice smooth storm up and strolling or jogging I mean up and running, without getting tired and having to get pause break eeeee Hey Good Luck everything is going to work out. If any help replys did not work, you might have bad hardware or something is not installing right, maybe apps you have also can trigger nonsense like this you can try not installing any apps there might be an error on one.
0 Likes
coclouse

Hey, I have had my Tour for a couple of months and started having problems with it,(for the 3rd time) when I called Verizon they offered to trade it out with a Storm 2 instead.  IDK if you have tried to call them or not, but try and ask if you have any kind of options as far as a different phone......  Could be worth a try.

0 Likes