Blackberry Storm, Verizons flagship??
StefanC

I thought that was the case when I got it, six months and 2 garbage phones later I learned that I was wrong.

I wouldn't recommend the Storm to anyone.  I'm on my second one in about 5 months and the nice folks at Verizon refuse to give me a different phone.  The phone shuts off randomly, freezes up when someone calls ( so I can't recieve phone calls) and is very slow all around.   No applications open.

Verizon offered 4 options:

1) send me another Storm  (so it can break in 3 months again, no thanks)

2) Upgrade one of my other lines to a different phone and switch it to this number ( the other phone needs to be replaced at this point though)

3) I could buy a new phone on Ebay and they would activate it for me ( Ebay? they really suggested I buy one off of ebay?)

4)They would give me a phone for the 1 year contract price.  ( Pay another $xxx for another phone that may or may not last 3 months)

So I just paid $200+ for this phone and I have to buy a new one out of my own pocket now less then 6 months later.. Fantastic

Needless to say I told them I would be cancelling all three phone lines, they didn't seem to mind. Talk about great customer service!

PS. as I'm typing this my phone just froze up while I was trying to simply unlock it!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm, Verizons flagship??
StefanC
7 minutes later and my phone unfroze...  I'll never know if I missed any calls. 
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm, Verizons flagship??
judson

I feel your pain.

I did the buying a phone for $5 off Ebay trick to get ouf my Pearl (which I now miss after owning this piece fo junk Storm) and I will have to do the same trick again to get out from under the Stornm to get the Niagara when it comes out.

It would be nice if they let Storm owners switch to another type of phone without penalty.  They got our moeny already....we'd be keeping a contract, why do you have to [word filter avoidance]?  Espepcially since you already [word filter avoidance] when we bought this junky Storm you rushed to market.

I've posted all my gripes about this phone in other posts but you reminded me about another pne....the slow repsonse when trying to answer a call...I oftne miss calss as a mash on the answer button repeatedly. 

FAIL!!!!!!!

Message Edited by WendyM on 05-06-2009 11:15 PM
0 Likes