Blackberry Storm 2 (9550) Pairing Issue
krollm

This thread has probably been posted before, but if I'm having this problem then it is likely that others are as well.

I have a Blackberry Storm 2 (9550) and I cannot get it to connect to my car's factory-installed bluetooth system. When I try to add the car as a bluetooth device, it recognizes that there is a signal present (it will say "audio device"), but when I try to pair with the audio device it always fails. I have tried rebooting the phone (including battery removal), rebooting the car, and nothing seems to work.

I understand that my phone is not specifically listed as compatible with my vehicle (2007 Dodge Charger), but I have been able to pair other phones (approximately 7 different co-worker and family phones), and most of them were not listed as compatible. In fact, it seems as though this Storm 2 is the only phone that will not pair with it. This is extremely frustrating given the amount of money paid for this phone.

I pay the extra money for a premium phone so that I don't have to deal with these small issues. I expect the technology to be top-notch, and I expect that there would be no connectivity/compatibility issues. I am hoping that there is a solution to this, as I am not even close to qualifying for a phone upgrade, and my wife would hang me if I went out and dropped $500 on a new Droid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm 2 (9550) Pairing Issue
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Lets try 4 steps to resolve this issue.

1, Could I get you to power the phone off, remove and replace the battery to do a soft reset on the device.

2. Then could I get you to dial *228 send and option 2 again in your home area to update the PRL.

3. Next could I get you to try un-pairing the device and car then pairing the two again.

4. After you have done this if still unsuccessful we can try a factory reset (after you have backed up your phone)

a. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
b. Click Security Options.
c. Click General Settings.
d. Press the Menu key.
e. Click Wipe Handheld.
f. To delete all third-party applications from your device, select the Include third-party applications check box.
g. Click Continue.
h. Type blackberry.

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm 2 (9550) Pairing Issue
krollm

Zachary,

Thank you for your response and your help with this matter.

Unfortunately, both of those procedures ended up being unsuccessful. Are there any more options available, or am I simply out of luck?

0 Likes