Blackberry Pearl 8230 turn "click" sound off on camera -- nothing in instruction manual
pilgrimbrent

Even when I put the phone in "Quiet" mode so that incoming calls do not ring -- the camera sound remains loud.  Any way of silencing it when I take a photo?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Pearl 8230 turn "click" sound off on camera -- nothing in instruction manua
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

You can't silence the shutter sound on any recently made cell phone. I believe there was an FCC regulation created to make this so. Something about perverts snapping photos of people without them knowing.

It's always a few bad apples that ruin it for everyone.

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Pearl 8230 turn "click" sound off on camera -- nothing in instruction manua
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

nmchileman wrote:

You can't silence the shutter sound on any recently made cell phone. I believe there was an FCC regulation created to make this so.

Is this for real?  **

I just did some google searches and apparently it is.  :smileysad:  And I guess we must all play by the rules that get set for the "bad apples".  :::sigh::::

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I knew I saw a review on this software, BerryAnnoying, that turns off the camera shutter sound. Try this link http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Photo/BerryAnnoying-65413.shtml

0 Likes