Blackberry Passport
Etiengj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just signed up with AT&T for notification of the Passport.  Since Verizon refuses to adddress any questions or concerns to its users, I will clear my debt and jump service.  I am testing the Passport and it is truly a remarkable device.  Handling, software, and functionality.  It is both a consumer and professonal"s phone.  Blackberry has allowed me the opportunity to demo the model.  I am ultimately satisfied and cannot wait to get my hands on a functional model via the first US Carrier and it looks like ATT is going to be it.  My only reqret is that ATT had the unit squareness rounded...oh well.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Passport
Snn5
Legend

Are you promoting this device, asking if Verizon will carry it, telling us you are leaving or what?

0 Likes
Not applicable

What is Verizon not addressing. It's been a KNOWN fact for MONTHS that the Passport is exclusive to at&t. If you want to blame someone for Verizon not having the device blame at&t and Blackberry they are the ones that made the deal.

0 Likes
HLake
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also like the Passport and would like to buy on to use with my Verizon cell phone service.  I don't change phones often and have been looking, waiting and hoping Blackberry would come out with a real competitive new phone with their traditional keyboard.  The Passport is that cell phone.  I have no interest in an Apple or android of any kind.

Yes, I have heard about the exclusive with AT&T.  It seems that has not happened yet.  I called just now and their sales people don't know anything about it.  I have had the impressive for a while now that Verizon and, maybe, AT&T are discouraging interest in Blackberry.  For one thing, they didn't like the Playbook since, with the Bridge function, a customer could link their cell phone to the Playbook tablet and use the internet for no extra cost.  I have the grandfathered unlimited data, so it worked very well for me.  I don't think Verizon liked that and most of their CS and sales people acted like they didn't know anything about it.  Also, maybe they got a more profitable deal from Apple and androids.

I am hoping AT&T get the Classic and the Passport soon and with 6 months or a year the exclusive will be over and Verizon will get it. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

RUMOR was that Verizon would be getting the BB Classic in Feb 2015.

0 Likes
HLake
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks.  I am hoping they will eventually support the Passport.  Since I'm not generally an early adaptor and don't change my phone readily, I can wait a while.  I plan to buy one outright once Verizon supports it.

Blackberry may not be the newest, flashiest, cell phone around but it is very reliable.  While people around me with the latest IPhone have broken screens and dropped calls.  My phone keeps on keeping on, doing its job.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Loved my Alltel Curve 8330.  Well, for your sake, hope those "Samsung is buying BlackBerry" news headlines are false whether it's for their patents or whatever.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Etiengj,

Verizon Wireless is dedicated to providing our customer's with the latest and greatest devices.  We'd love to keep you as a valued customer.  Our current line up of phones can be viewed here; http://bit.ly/nD0WuY.  Please let us know if there's anything that we can assist with.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HLake
Enthusiast - Level 3

Useless.  I don't believe Verizon is "dedicated to providing customer's with the latest and greatest devices". You supply what you want to.  I few years ago you jumped on the IPhone the Android craze and left Blackberry behind.  I know people with all those phones and they are flashy and faddy.  My Blackberry does what it needs to do and is "REALIABLE" not something I would say about my friends and families' IPhone and others.  I have dropped my phone many times with no problems.  Drop an IPhone once,  you will probably have a broken screen among other issues.

I receive good response from Customer Service and the network works well for me but the product area is not up to their and, in my opinion, Verizon's standards.  

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Blackberry left Blackberry behind.  I see Verizon offered several of the last BB models, but BB has tried to stay to a more business-type demographic and while that is fine to stick to what you know, other manufacturers have introduced features and technology that seems to be more mainstream and fitting for a large number of other types of phone and device users.  I really want BB to make a comeback, after all, competition brings better tech to all, but it is really up to them to provide the innovation to stay current and fresh in the technology world.