Blackberry Contact Data
crypto77

My Blackberry 9530 just recently broke on me.  I dropped it and now it does not power up.  Have replaced the battery with still no luck.  Bad thing about this I did not back up my contact data since 10 months ago from my Blackberry Desktop Manager application.  Questions I have is what can I do to be able to recover that data?  Where is the contact data stored?  Is it on SIM card or internally on phone?  Can I use the sim card in another Storm just to have power and back up data on desktop manager.  I know something is possible just need to have the idea's.  Any assistance is helpful.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Contact Data
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried to still connect the phone to your computer through Desktop Manager?  It is worth a shot as I have had phones with a dead battery and no way to power it up still be recognized (and data searchable) from the computer through its powered USB. 

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Contact Data
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

crypto77 wrote:

My Blackberry 9530 just recently broke on me.  I dropped it and now it does not power up.  Have replaced the battery with still no luck.  Bad thing about this I did not back up my contact data since 10 months ago from my Blackberry Desktop Manager application.  Questions I have is what can I do to be able to recover that data?  Where is the contact data stored?  Is it on SIM card or internally on phone?  Can I use the sim card in another Storm just to have power and back up data on desktop manager.  I know something is possible just need to have the idea's.  Any assistance is helpful.  Thanks.

Unfortunately the contact information is not stored on the SIM card. So connecting to BDM is your only hope.

In the future you can keep a wireless backup of your contacts if you have a Gmail account using Google Sync. It's a free app you download to your Blackberry and it backs them up on a daily basis. Go to m.google.com/sync from your phone's browser to download the app.

0 Likes