Blackberry Classic Inadvertent Deletion of E-Mails
MARPOW97

My Blackberry Classic keeps deleting all stored e-mails with no warning.  It was happening every few months last year, but it happened about 5 times last week.  The problem is usually limited to my work e-mails, but once last week, everything in my gmail account disappeared one day while the work e-mails remained.  The e-mails remain on the servers so it's a problem with the device. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Classic Inadvertent Deletion of E-Mails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that I need to be connected to email 24/7. I know you feel the same. Let's get your email flowing smoothly. What you will want to try is removing and re-adding the email to your phone. Keep us posted.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARPOW97

I have wiped my phone and re-loaded it now at least 4 times.  Problem

keeps happening.

Mary [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. We want to make sure we are on the same page. When you are saying you wiped your device, are you meaning your email? Or are you meaning a Factory Reset on the device? Also, is this happening with all email after removing them from the device and adding them back?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MARPOW97

The IT guys at my firm backed up the device, deleted the work e-mail account, and then reloaded the account.  (they have now done this 4 times in the past six months).  On a couple occasions, they wiped the entire device and reloaded everything.  Most of the time, it is all prior e-mails on my work account that disappear, while Gmail is unaffected, but one time all prior e-mail on my Gmail account disappeared while the work account was unaffected.  When this happens, I only lose all prior e-mails - new ones come in.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.

0 Likes