Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 phone calls not going through
lmottola

I have been having this same problem daily since I had my 9930. I called phone support and they had no idea what I was talking about. I just went to the Verizon store today and they told me that RIM is aware of the issue and are working on a fix but they are not sure when it will be ready. For now, have fun removing batteries daily. Ridiculous.

0 Likes
Lharris
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow. I didn't think anyone had the same issue as me. I have the issue where my phone constantly loses signal and when I run connectivity test it always fails. Why? I don't know! I have factory reset my phone TWICE in a 26 day period. I love BB but I don't know why I subject myself to a phone that freezes and requires a 10 minute battery pull procedure. What my phone does is when people call, the phone will ring and when answered I can not hear a thing. My minutes are being wasted because I can not hear a phone conversation, I have the 7.1 OS and it was updated to this version when I ordered the phone. When is there going to be a fix? I hate this and how nothing gets done. I am tired of battery pulls and techs telling me to do this when I do this on the constant!

0 Likes
jorso

Having this issue also.  My wife and I are converts to Verizon and the Bold 9930 in the last month.  Randomly each of our phones will show as connected...but there is nothing but dead air.  Pull the battery and the phone works.  So far we are happy with the phone and Verizon, but if this keeps up we won't be.

0 Likes
VCZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems this issue only affects Verizon 9930.  We now have about a dozen AT&T Bolds at work and they do not seem to be having this issue.  I now need to pull battery at least once a day and can also confirm that this issue presents itself mainly when I am using BT and transition from streaming music and taking/making BT calls.  I hope Verizon is addressing this with RIM.

0 Likes
Hitbyatruck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have approximately 65 phone with your company and they are all Bold 9930. I have about 15 phones doing the exact same thing that people are describing. See link at the bottom of the page...if you think this not a none issue look at all of the forums out there and people are stating the same issues with audio problems during phone calls. Yes the battery pulling out does correct the issue but when your phone is used for business and you cannot even hear your customers that is A PROBLEM!!!

Hopefully this will be forwarded within your company so someone will look into the situation or I have a feeling your going to loose customers since they buy a new phone and it has this problem within days of activation. Verizon will only send out refurbish devices. KINDA messed up.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=bold+9930+audio+issues+when+on+phone+call&oq=bold+9930...

Thanks for letting customers VENT because it is annoying.

davidsinla

Hello.  This happens to me almost daily.  I do battery pull and the phone works. Its just annoying that the important business call I get I miss because the phone won't work.  Its really annoying.

0 Likes
chucklaf
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is also happening to me, although taking the battery out doesn't solve the problem anymore.  Just got back from the verizon store today where they agreed it was a phone issue and are replacing it.because it is still under warranty. Its still under warranty because this is the 4th Bold we've had with the same issue!!!   I want to throw it through the window.  To make matters worse, a replacement phone cannot be obtained at the store but must be sent out to us.  If we want it overnight there is an additional charge of $12.99; otherwise its a 5 business day turnaround!  Absolutely ridiculous that Verizon charges $12.99 to send us a phone (that is still under warranty) overnight.  If it was my issue for breaking or losing the phone, etc. I would understand but this is such a ripofff!!  Considering out phone bill is $300+/month, the LEAST they could do is show good customer service in providing immediate replacement phones!  Unbelieivable

VCZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not a hardware issue and Verizon needs to fess up and stop making people go through this. I have replaced my phone 3 times with the same result.  The only fix is to downgrade the phone to v7.0.  You will need to download the downgrade from www.blackberry.com along with the latest version of Desktop Software.  Be sure to perform a full backup before you downgrade and consult with your IT department if you are on Enterprise phone.  You will also have to re-install some apps.  Have been running without issue for almost a month now.

0 Likes
spurcellfl

I just received my Bold 9930 (before seeing this post) and ran in to the same can not hear or be heard issue, to the point where you can not even hear the ringing of the called party.  I have however, found a work around which is immediate, rather than having to pull the battery or reset the device. 

After placing the call or when answering the call immediatly press the # key, now all functions of the conversation will function correctly.  At least this is working for mine.  Hopefully this will help someone at Verizon or BB correct the issue.

0 Likes
jfalkingham

I've had this issue with the 9930 since OS version 7.1.

RIM is aware of the issue, and according to Verizon Wireless support, they would expedite a fix (that was on 4/16). To date, there is no reliable fix other than pulling the battery. Sometimes turning bluetooth on/off will 'fix' it, or by pressing * or # during a call will 'fix' it, but the only thing I have found to be effective 100% of the time is to pull the battery or do a soft reboot (alt+CAP+del).

I love this device, everything is perfect with it except this one major flaw. If RIM does not fix this soon, they'll lose another longtime BB user.

0 Likes