Blackberry Bold 9930 Backup Assistant 1.7.0.1 by Fusion One stopped working
Al_Stevens

Hello,

I work for VZ landline and have a Bold 9930 company phone with data shut off.  I have used backup assistant for years but now it stopped working.  I uninstalled it and reinstalled but it still wont work.  I was able to connect it to wifi, turn data setting on and then run the backup.  Now it just sits for a minute and then says "backup assistant has lost network connection.  Please retry your operation"

Two weeks ago I was given some troubleshooting tips and I did them and it started working  but a few days ago it stopped working again.  I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it again but it is still not working.

Thanks!

Al

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Backup Assistant 1.7.0.1 by Fusion One stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon Al! Backing up your contacts is very important! Let's work towards a resolution! To confirm, are you trying to backup in a specfic zip code? Are you having any trouble with other applications? Let's ensure that mobile data is turned on: http://spr.ly/6588B8OFE and then try and backup: http://spr.ly/6589B8OF1 Keep us posted. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Al_Stevens

Hello Kristie,

This is odd, I didn't change/fix anything since I emailed you and it is now working. The last time I had a problem after I emailed you a few months ago it also started working. Does my emailing your dept cause VZ to check/fix things?

Thanks!

Al

0 Likes
Al_Stevens

Still not working.  It has worked and stopped working several times since your reply.  I just uninstalled and reinstalled it and it doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Al_Stevens

Still not working.  It has worked and stopped working several times since your reply.  I just uninstalled and reinstalled it and it doesn't work.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, AL

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello again Al! Let's ensure this is working consistently for you. To confirm, emailing us or posting, doesn't impact this to work or not work. That is solely a coincidence. Let's keep workign on this for you. Do you typically turn off your cellular data if you are connected to Wi-Fi? I would recommend to turn on Cellular Data & data roaming to ensure you can connect to the towers and update. What zip code are you in when you try to backup? Let's try this, and please keep us posted.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Al_Stevens

Hello Kristie,

Thanks for your reply.  Ok about coincidence of fixing or trouble.  This is a Verizon company phone with only voice and texting no data.  I have to keep data turned off or I don't receive texts (this is how all of my coworkers phones have to be or they don't receive texts either) This trouble happens in different zip codes like 14222 14224 14205.....

To run the backup assistant I connect to wifi, turn data setting on and then it does its normal update of my contacts.  I then shut off data until the next time I run the backup assistant.  I have been doing this since 3/2013 which is when the Blackberry had it's data shut off.

Thanks,

Al

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Al,

Thanks for reaching back out to us with greater information about what steps you're taking. We want to make sure this gets resolved. Can you tell us what happened when you first started having the trouble? Were there any recent changes to your phone that were made? What software version do you have? Use this link for steps to check: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-44137/ . Also, can you confirm that you've also tried removing and reinserting the battery on your phone to get a full boot up? This can help when having connection issues with applications.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes