Re: Blackberry Bold 9650 OS 6 upgrade?????
v2wings

What do you mean by vendor file?Will it say Sprint,AT&T or something like that? I'm not sure so I'm afraid to to load a leaked version.

0 Likes
kfa1217

v2wings wrote:

What do you mean by vendor file?Will it say Sprint,AT&T or something like that? I'm not sure so I'm afraid to to load a leaked version.

Hi v2wings: I actually loaded a leaked v6.0.0.28 last weekend and freaking LOVE it! It was very easy to find the vendor file, just use those directions that are posted and you will NOT have a problem. I love the browser, the new 'desktop' and am SO glad that I did this instead of waiting for VZW to release it.

I only have one hiccup w/ the new OS and that is that I lost AppWorld. I can't get any new apps at all...when I click on the link to go to AppWorld it tells me I am using an unsupported browser (aka Webkit) but other than that I am quite pleased!

There are enough of us out here that have done this v2wings go ahead and give it a whirl...you can always go back since you will have a recent backup saved. Good luck!

0 Likes
7100jgc
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same thing happened to me.  Try seeing if you can uninstall it, even though it is not showing up. Then do a battery pull and start up the phone again.

Download the app from the internet or try OTA.   I wish I could remember how I got it resolved but I was able to get it back.  You might want to try doing a Google search for the answer.   OS 6.0 is truly amazing in that all the time I am finding new functions that I never knew existed.

I am anxious now to see what the official release will have, when and ever it comes out.

0 Likes
Wrspoon
I currently use my Bold for work email also. Have you experienced any compatibility issues with the BES and a leaked version? - thanks
0 Likes
kfa1217

7100jgc wrote:

The same thing happened to me.  Try seeing if you can uninstall it, even though it is not showing up. Then do a battery pull and start up the phone again.

Download the app from the internet or try OTA.   I wish I could remember how I got it resolved but I was able to get it back.  You might want to try doing a Google search for the answer.   OS 6.0 is truly amazing in that all the time I am finding new functions that I never knew existed.

I am anxious now to see what the official release will have, when and ever it comes out.

@7100jgc: Do you mean downloading the specific app itself from the internet or OTA or getting back AppWorld that way?

I am having problems when uploading a phote to Facebook using FB v1.9 but I was having the same problem when on OS 5.x so Iknow it's not a problem w/ the leaked upgrade.

I too, am anxious to see what the offiical release will have, if and when we EVER see it!

0 Likes