Blackberry BOGO is back! 8/14/2009
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Dropped by my local store this morning and I overheard some chatting. Heard something interesting: starting tomorrow, Friday August 14th, Verizon Wireless will reprise the Blackberry BOGO sale!

If you buy any Blackberry you can get a second one FREE*!

*Naturally, stipulations apply. The second device is free after Mail-In Rebate only and it must be of equal or lesser value than the first phone. Both devices require a new 2yr agreement to qualify, so upgrades or new lines only. Blackberry data plans required for both devices if active.

The BOGO sale did really, really well for Blackberry last time. Hopefully does just as well now.

Any takers?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BOGO on Blackberry Tour? There goes $200 I could have used elsewhere.
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
Did the BOGO back in Apr to get my Storm, had one of my troops at work sign up with me so we could get em on the cheap!  Thanks VZW!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry BOGO is back! 8/14/2009
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
I think it's a very good deal! I have question, first I bought my Storm in May 2009 (never thought about first Blackberry BOGO sale) my "friend" at work was very surprised I bought Storm without including him in the BOGO sale. (He already has another Verizon plan with his wife) My question is, if I got the BOGO deal then, would both devices require a 2yr agreement only on my account or would Verizon allow 2yr agreements on mine and "friends" account? :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Yeah, the BOGO has to stay on one account. So you can't buy a phone on your account and get a free phone for your friends account. Sorry.
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Don't be sorry. Friend should've get Storm with his wife. Not me. Not want get "involved" with domestic problems, but wife already got "cheaper" plan with Verizon. Too bad for them, wait till their 2yr contract is up for any upgrades. Thanks.:smileywink:
0 Likes
BOGO on Blackberry Tour? There goes $200 I could have used elsewhere.
bgarrant
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Verizon for once again making me feel like a valued customer.  I thought the iPhone device pricing screwed customers out of hard earned cash, but this is just as good.  I have had many Blackberries and have probably signed up about a dozen customers for you.  I bought two Blackberry Tours on Opening day, and 1 day after return policy ends you offer a BOGO promo.  How convenient.  You should offer some sort of promotion for people that bought the phone within the past 45 days.

{message merged to keep threads of the same topic in one place}

Message Edited by WendyM on 08-14-2009 04:01 PM
0 Likes
bgarrant
Enthusiast - Level 3
Oh I know BOGO is back.  A real "Thank You" for customers who bought it opening day!  1 day outside of return policy so guess I am screwed.  Thanks Verizon.  That $200 could have been used for many other purchases.  :smileymad:
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
That's the luck of the draw, friend. It happens everywhere in retail, not just Verizon Wireless. Ever notice how when you buy a nice fancy TV or computer or a new outfit and you return to the store days/weeks later and you find that the item you just bought has been marked down 25%? Yeah, welcome to corporate America.
0 Likes
bgarrant
Enthusiast - Level 3
25% would be acceptable friend.  But I have never seen a fancy TV sale where you can BOGO.  It is always convenient how these promos are always a day after an opening day product return policy expires.  I happen to have cell phones with 3 providers and have never had this happen with another one.  Maybe a couple months later, but never 31 days.  Even with my iPhone I was not screwed for about 4 months with the 3G model.  That I could understand as it was Apple, but Verizon is a much better company than that.  Come on guys.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
It was just an example, not a literal comparison. But it does happen everywhere in retail. Like I said, welcome to corporate capitalist America. In the words of Weird Al; "It's all about the Benjamins, baby".
0 Likes
Re: BOGO on Blackberry Tour? There goes $200 I could have used elsewhere.
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Need I remind you AT&T sells Blackberrys, and so does Sprint. At least Verizon offers MMS as part of a bundle you pay monthly. AT&T offers $20.00 for unlimited text (MMS free) for iphone 3g. But no MMS yet for it, or Apple didn't approve it yet? Iphone cost's over $400.00 when it first came out. Blackberrys way cheaper, your're wrong about Verizon, it's all about attitude. Don't you have annual upgrade or something like that? Buy alot of accessarys with Tour? Happy with Storm  and   Verizon!!!:smileyvery-happy: 
0 Likes