Blackberry 9930 no longer gets BIS so cannot use email, ect.
AFADANIEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few weeks ago I was having trouble sending and receiving email from my BB9930 so I did a secure wipe and restored from a backup I had thinking this would help. Well after I finished all this my BB9930 no longer gets BIS(BB Internet Services) so I cannot use email, BBM, ect. I've tried everything I can think of from simple battery pulls to doing a factory wipe to reloading the OS. If I go into Setup then Email Accounts I am only offered Enterprise Account settings. I have never used this phone on BES and bought it new from Verizon years ago.  When I finally called Verizon tech support they said my account is setup right and BIS should be working on my 9930.  They've tried to resend service books but i never get them. I've gone into the Host Routing Table and done the Register Now and it says message sent but the HRT is still empty. Today I even went into a Verizon Store and they acted like they'd never seen a BB and no one there even knew what BIS was. lol

I really love BB phones and am at a loss as to how to get BIS back on my BB9930. Any help would be much appreciated. thx

0 Likes
Tech person refused to reactivate a phone to fix problem....
AFADANIEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

A reactivation of the BB9930 would most likely fix this problem but the tech person said they aren't allowed to do that now. I can understand why Verizon has stopped activating new 3G phones since 3G is ending sometime next year but I don't understand why they can't reactivate a phone that's already on their service to solve a technical issue between the phone and their network?? This makes NO sense. I've had this BB9930 for at least 6 years on Verizon. I really like it and can't afford to buy another smart phone now........

0 Likes
Re: Tech person refused to reactivate a phone to fix problem....
mama23dogs
Legend

You don’t have to spend $1,000 to get a new phone.  Go to best buy and pick up a Verizon compatible phone off the prepaid rack.

0 Likes
Re: Tech person refused to reactivate a phone to fix problem....
AFADANIEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I shouldn't have to buy a new phone at all right now. Verizon according to their web page and CS still support my phone. It's listed as a Blackberry they support yet they refuse to do a simple procedure to fix it so I can get BIS(Blackberry Internet Services) back. So I have a supported Verizon phone that only does calls and SMS. No email, ect. 

If you're going to support the phone then support it till you no longer support it.  Doing a simple reactivation falls under  "support." At least it did up until earlier this year.

0 Likes