Blackberry 10
fcarp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are the rumors of Verizon delaying the release of BB10 til May true?

I personally love Blackberry and have waited to get rid of my droid for months waiting for the new Z10's to come out. I am sick of Apple (so is wallstreet) and Android.

Labels (1)
Re: Blackberry 10
Futuretrooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. The CEO of Verizon announced back in September that the company would have BB10 devices available at launch.

0 Likes
jasm817

BB10 Devices will launch worldwide for sales on January 30th.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

See my post https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/790933?start=10&tstart=0

That seems to indicate later rather than sooner.  Smiley Sad  I may just use my $50 loyalty credit on a Droid and see how the BB10 fares over the next year or so, even though it looks sweet....

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

SuzyQ wrote:

I may just use my $50 loyalty credit on a Droid

Your new tablet must have made an impression! 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

At the risk of veering off-topic, in a word, tikibar, YES!  I'm enjoying it, and the interface was not that difficult to get used to.  It recently upgraded to JB 4.1.1 (came with ICS) and that was interesting...  things moved around and all my screens went back to the defaults, but it didn't take long to get it back to "my" stuff.

I was playing with some of the Droid phones in the store the other day, and after using the tablet, I can easily move to a phone and be comfortable.  So we'll see how long it'll take Verizon to offer the BB10, and if it's going to cost me a $50 bonus credit.... I may just go Droid for the next 20 months!

0 Likes
blackopsjeep
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is the confirmation by Verizon's CMO that the BB10 will be available AT LAUNCH TIME:

http://crackberry.com/verizon-cmo-confirms-they-will-have-blackberry-10-launch

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'll believe it when I see the phones in stores on Wednesday.  The article was published in September and later information says differently.  And there's been nothing from Verizon on the website or anywhere else announcing it for Wednesday... time will tell.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or Thursday in store since that is the standard release date of phones on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was just in our local (corporate) store today on another matter, and asked if they knew anything about the BB10 release, and the salesman said he hadn't heard anything about it being available anytime soon, though some managers have had some training on the new devices.  But no definitive word on when they'll have it for sale, or how much.

I'll just watch Verizon's website, RIM, and other tech blogs and find out with everyone else.