Re: Blackberry 10
Whiteberry

I cannot wait, Blackberry is a solid product and I am sick of hearing about Apple's...let alone Samsung's, we need BOLD, SLEEK and SECURE!

0 Likes
Blackberry 10
fcarp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well there we have it. The CEO announced delivery in March. Frankly I am not happy, other countries get it tomorrow.

0 Likes
claudiak2

Our company's IT guy is trying to get me to go Samsung Galaxy.  I am trying to be patient, but he is anti-BB, and I am starting to look foolish waiting for a phone that seemingly will never come!  When is my BB Q10 knight in shining armour going to arrive?  Waiting, sniff sniff...

0 Likes
blackopsjeep
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amen! Hurry the hell up Verizon and get us, the bulk of your income, the damn BB10!

0 Likes
claudiak2

Yikes...I just went to the Support Forums on Blackberry.com, and read up on all the problems new users are experiencing on BB10 (Europe, Canada, etc).  Sounds like all my fave BB tools are no longer/not working/buggy - i.e., sync to Outlook contacts, sync to Google calendar, separate email, text and call notifications. 

What's a died-in-the-wool BB user to do (STILL on Bold 9650, feels like an 8-track)??  I hear Samsung Galaxy will be a much smoother transition than the BB10, how sad is that?  Any advice?  Hate to continue waiting for something that will make my like miserable! 

0 Likes
TXSasquatch

Not likely May, but maybe April.  Regardless, I like BlackBerry, too.  Their security is better than any other smartphone, which is why they're still Number One among business customers.  I may not be first in line to get the new one, but I'm sure I'll upgrade my Bold before too long.  I'm in no hurry.

0 Likes
TXSasquatch

I know that this is anecdotal evidence, but I know someone who recently went from an old BB Storm2 to a Samsung Galaxy and absolutely HATED the new phone--lasted about a month before he gave up and went back to the old BB.  If you're a techno-nerd, Android phones may work well, but if you're not, they tend to be hard to learn.  I can't speak from my own experience because I've never had anything but a RIM product.  Their security is far superior to anyone else's, and that keeps me coming back.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

TXSasquatch wrote:

I know that this is anecdotal evidence, but I know someone who recently went from an old BB Storm2 to a Samsung Galaxy and absolutely HATED the new phone--lasted about a month before he gave up and went back to the old BB.  If you're a techno-nerd, Android phones may work well, but if you're not, they tend to be hard to learn....

I guess I'm a techno-nerd then    I have the Bold 9650, and it's a workhorse for me - and it's a solid phone.  It's been through the washing machine and I moved to a Curve for a week, was very glad to get my Bold dried out and functioning again!!

Having said that, for my b'day in December I got the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" - and I have been enjoying learning my way around the Android OS.  Maybe because I wasn't depending on the tablet as I do my BB, and I could take my time to learn my way around, but it didn't seem that difficult.  Yes, it was different, and there's still things I haven't figured out, but I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to move to an Android phone now.

Especially since I need to use my $50 by March 12 and it doesn't look like the BB Q10 (I want my keyboard!!) will be available by then....

0 Likes
junior61

i want one know please

0 Likes
Mandm1229

The BlackBerry Z10 is coming! This device is going to be the best BlackBerry to date. If I may recommend trying it. It will be worth everything. These people who say it is a bad device already, probably are ifans.

0 Likes