BlackBerry World Edition 8830 Charging Issues
tangerinetrees1

Good morning,

I recently purchased a used BlackBerry WorldEdition 8830. Lately I have been having issues while charging my phone. A couple seconds after plugging it in, the screen will turn black and the red LED indicator light will come on. The phone seems to be locked up - pressing keys or unplugging the charger doesn't help. A few minutes after the black screen, the screen will turn white and the blue hourglass will appear, turning over and over and over. Again, pressing keys or unplugging charger does not exit the phone from this locked state. The process of black screen to white screen repeats itself, and during this time I cannot recieve calls or emails or texts. After unplugging the charger, I have to wait for the phone to "reboot". All applications (Facebook, AIM) are reset, the phone has to reconnect to the network, and the phone performs Security Tests? The phone does not seem to charge while it is "locked", it just drains the battery even more. It also does not notify me of any missed calls while the phone was "locked". Sometimes the phone does this while connected to the wall charger, and sometimes not. I have not figured out what circumstances causes it to lock, but it is becoming more and more frequent. Its done this a couple times on my car charger, but alas I cannot work from my car.

I'm running 4.2.2.176. Would updating alleviate this problem? What about replacing the battery? Or is the phone totally fried? I've also noticed that once the phone is completely charged, all text messages and call log data are erased. Settings are to keep them "forever".

Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes