BlackBerry Webkit Browser
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Can any of the VZW folks give us some insight as to whether any BlackBerry not having 256mb of application memory and Open GL compatibility will run this?

Saw a video of it running on another site and it looks like a winner.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Webkit Browser
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Guess nobody cares to comment.  Ok how about a comment on the rumors that the Storm line of devices is being dropped by VZW?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SFObrien wrote:

Guess nobody cares to comment.  Ok how about a comment on the rumors that the Storm line of devices is being dropped by VZW?

i don't know that much about Blackberry's. sorry. Maybe you should PM that Doc person. That person knows alot about BB's

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Obrien,

Not much has been said about the Webkit browser outside that already said at the World Congress a couple of weeks ago.  In looking at the new browser, it appears it will be fast.  Will it run on my Tour or your Storm?  I don't know yet.  I would look for this to be incorporated into OS 6. 

To your question about VZW dropping the Storm, that is just a rumor for now. 

Doc

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

I agree Doc the video makes it look very good.  I was hoping one of the techs here would comment on the horsepower needed to run it.  I really don't think the Storm 1 will run it properly.  The 5.0 OS itself is about all  it can handle especially if you use any big apps.

In my opinion when the webkit browser is released it will be for newer devices that can handle it forcing people who want it to upgrade or buy another device. 

Isn't new technology and marketing great!

0 Likes