BlackBerry Storm 9530 Camera Fix
gmarchlewicz

I upgraded the OS to 5.... Did a memory wipe. Pulled the battery.{word filter avoidance} & still doesnt work. Whats's up? Is there a real fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Storm 9530 Camera Fix
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ha ha ha ha that's funny I started laughing when you said {word filter avoidance} still don't work..hey Mann relax baby, huh what does it say dude is there a pop up message or something?

0 Likes
gmarchlewicz

Oops. I got muted. Yeah... its a fine piece of... "Hardware." Is that better? : smileyvery-happy: I left that message after staying up all night trying to figure this piece of "Fine Hardware" out. And I'm sure its just a quirky software issue.

I do get an error message when I press the camera icon... "! Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."

After pressing the Bberry menu key... I see Phone, Messages, Home, Browser.

Checking the memory, here's what I get... Application Memory Free Space: 41.8 MB

Thanks for your response. The ladies are awaiting fresh pics.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
yeah you just can't be saying things like that, got to keep it clean (this is a community to help out others) So my suggestion would be try in leave battery out for 10 min, if that does not work, downgrade OS 4.7 , then try Os5.0 install. Hope you get it up in running.
0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hey try your phone in safe mode see if that works, when phone is starting from reboot, and you see the blackberry logo (press and hold the escape button for about 30 seconds, once started it should say, your in safe mode continue select ok, try camera ? reboot phone, if camera still won't work even after downgrade, hate to say this but you might of experience bad hardware ! Need to return for another.
0 Likes
mechanic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem. Can't remember if it was when I had 5.0 before going back to 4.7 or not, but think so.

0 Likes
gmarchlewicz

Thanks man for the free tharapy and crackberry technical help. I upgraded, downgraded, side graded. I pulled the battery many times. Did the safe mode thing... and I got the camera to come up once with a flickering screen... then the phone reset and I could never get the camera to come up again. It's a phone I bought used... so I'm **bleep**. I'll just have to live without a camera I guess and buy a new Storm when I can.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

gmarchlewicz wrote:

Thanks man for the free tharapy and crackberry technical help. I upgraded, downgraded, side graded. I pulled the battery many times. Did the safe mode thing... and I got the camera to come up once with a flickering screen... then the phone reset and I could never get the camera to come up again. It's a phone I bought used... so I'm **bleep**. I'll just have to live without a camera I guess and buy a new Storm when I can.

. No problem, dank you almost had it "up and running, try the safe mode again, when on S. Mode go to your device memory, press menu button select repair, see if that works ? Reboot and try smartphone...Still won't work, shrink OS go to Desktop manager hook up phone select app loader and uncheck what you can remove continue let smartphone do its update, I really hope you get the camera going ?
0 Likes