BlackBerry SIM swap
notv4mewd

My Storm battery completely gave up the ghost and won't turn on. I ordered a new battery, but while I'm waiting for it to arrive, a friend gave me a different BlackBerry to use.

I swapped the SIM card and booted it up. It recognized the SIM card but it doesn't reflect the correct phone number, I can't send e-mail, etc. Is there something else I need to do so this will work for me?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BlackBerry SIM swap
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

First, the SIM card has nothing to do with your device working on a CDMA network like Verizon Wireless.  In fact, unless you are going to be traveling overseas, you can take it out.  I have a Bold 9650 and I took mine out and put it in the box.  It is not needed.  Second, what device is your friend letting you borrow?  If it is a GSM phone from a carrier like ATT or TMobile, it will not work on Verizon's network.  If it is, then you can activate it in one of two ways. You can call customer service and they can help you.  Or you can log into My Verizon and activate the phone there.  Hope this helps,

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry SIM swap
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

First, the SIM card has nothing to do with your device working on a CDMA network like Verizon Wireless.  In fact, unless you are going to be traveling overseas, you can take it out.  I have a Bold 9650 and I took mine out and put it in the box.  It is not needed.  Second, what device is your friend letting you borrow?  If it is a GSM phone from a carrier like ATT or TMobile, it will not work on Verizon's network.  If it is, then you can activate it in one of two ways. You can call customer service and they can help you.  Or you can log into My Verizon and activate the phone there.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes