BlackBerry Maps on Storm2
Noles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to use BlackBerry Maps 5.0 on my Storm2 I get the following Error message.

Your current Default Services do not provide access to map data.

I have searched the posts but do not see anything about it.  Does anyone have any insight to how to fix it?

I am running OS v5.0.0.320

I have verified that my Maps settings in Options shows BlackBerry Maps as my default service.

I do have the BlackBerry Maps [LbsConfig] service book.

I have resent my service books.

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BlackBerry Maps on Storm2
Noles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found the solution to the problem on another board.  The problem is happening because of a bad map settings ipd file being installed with BB Maps 5.0.

To fix it:

Restore map settings from your previous version of BB Maps.

or

I have the ipd file needed to fix it and can post it if its allowed. If anyone needs it, let me know and I will send it to you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Noles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone?

Bueller?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Noles1 wrote:

Anyone?

Bueller?

Hey, Noles,

I saw your original post from earlier and I have been looking for an answer for you.  You are not being ignored.  As soon as I can find a good answer for you, I will post it here.

Doc

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Noles1 wrote:

When I try to use BlackBerry Maps 5.0 on my Storm2 I get the following Error message.

Your current Default Services do not provide access to map data.

I have searched the posts but do not see anything about it.  Does anyone have any insight to how to fix it?

I am running OS v5.0.0.320

I have verified that my Maps settings in Options shows BlackBerry Maps as my default service.

I do have the BlackBerry Maps [LbsConfig] service book.

I have resent my service books.

Any thoughts?

Noles,

Try this: (Even though you have already done part of this)

1.  Go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table

2.  Press the Menu key and click Register Now

3.  Now go to Email Settings and press the Menu Key

4.  Press Service Books

5.  Select Send Service Books

Now pull the battery out for about 10 seconds and then put it back to allow your device to reboot.  Try your Blackberry Maps and see if it works.

Doc

0 Likes
Noles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doc,

I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not work.  Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Noles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found the solution to the problem on another board.  The problem is happening because of a bad map settings ipd file being installed with BB Maps 5.0.

To fix it:

Restore map settings from your previous version of BB Maps.

or

I have the ipd file needed to fix it and can post it if its allowed. If anyone needs it, let me know and I will send it to you.

0 Likes
Lazaffair

I just got my Storm 2 and had no previous phone to go back to.  Could you send me the file and explain how to get it into the phone?  Seems silly that a brand new phone wouldn't have the proper files installed from the manufacturer.

Jerre

0 Likes
Noles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's how you install the file.

Connect your Storm2 to your computer.  Open Desktop Manager and go to Back up and Restore>Advanced.  You will see the Storm2's databases in the box on the right.  Over the box on the left, select File>Open. Locate and Double click on the Maps Settings.ipd file. It should now be in the left box.  Single click to highlight it in the left box and hit the bottom of the two middle buttons to transfer it to the Storm2.

I will need your email address to send the file to.

0 Likes