BlackBerry Bold 9930 - lost phone= any idea if phone has GPS locator function?
chanan1684

My wife lost her phone a few hours and cant seem to locate it. Any solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Bold 9930 - lost phone= any idea if phone has GPS locator function?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only if she had installed an app prior to losing the phone - I use BB Protect, which allows you to log in to the phone remotely, sound an alarm or ringtone, lock it, wipe it - get an approximate location on it (as long as there 's battery power) - but it has to be installed before you lose it.  I check in (log in from my computer) every month or so as well just to be sure I remember how and to see if it's still working.

All that isn't much help though, in finding the phone now if there wasn't anything installed.  I'm sure you 've tried calling it to make it ring - if it's not found soon, check the logs on line to see if anyone has made calls from it - and then have Verizon turn it off (deactivate it) so you don't get any unauthorized charges.  You can turn it back on when it's found, or activate another phone on the line if you don't find it.

0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Bold 9930 - lost phone= any idea if phone has GPS locator function?
RickinSD
Enthusiast - Level 3

BlackBerry Protect is a "baked in" app on the 9930 so the phone has it installed already, however, as SuzyQ noted above, it needed to be set up before you lost it.  It was part of the step-by-step set up wizard, however if you had a busy VZW person setting up the phone for you they probably didn't set that part up.

It's really a very useful app as it lets you log into your computer and find the general location of the phone on a map and lets you remotely turn it on and emit a loud beeping noise so you can find it.  I've used it for that purpose a few times and it worked like a charm.

0 Likes