Black berry Storm 2 email set up
skyegiangrossi

This is my issue I had the Original storm and I just upgraded to the storm 2.  I had backed up my info on the desktop Manager and I used the same file to re install my contacts from the file that I backed up.  I have tried to set up my email threw the set up procedures and the message I get is "Blank user name. Type a valid user name."  I have even taken it to the Verizon store and they said they fixed it well its till not fixed how can I correct this issue in the storm 2.  I looked to see how to take out the email addresses I have in there and I could not figure it out.  What do I need to do to correct this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Black berry Storm 2 email set up
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

From home screen go to setup> email settings> menu> service books> send service books. :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
Re: Black berry Storm 2 email set up
Geocritter

Re-installing your contacts and your email accounts are two separate problems.

If sending your service books doesn't work, you might try wiping the OS out and starting from scratch.  It may have been something to do with a setting in the restore process carrying a setting across to a different model phone.  From a clean phone, try setting up your email manually via setup, and once you get it established, THEN copy your contacts across from the backup file (when you select the things you want copied across in the Desktop Manager, though, I'd leave out anything that says options or preferences...since they were for the older model.)

That should get you up and running.

0 Likes