mk65

I know this is old news.  I hate that I have no choice for a search engine other than Bing.  I will never buy another phone from Verizon.  Also, my old blackberry worked well and this new one"Bold" is a piece of crap!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bing
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

One thing great about OS 6 for Blackberry is that you can create shortcuts for the home screen.  Open your Blackberry Browser and type in the URL for Google's web site.  Then, press the Menu key and select Add to Home Screen.  Viola, you have a shortcut on your home screen that will take you directly to Google's Search engine.  Hope that helps.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Natively, BIng is the default. However, you can bookmark Google to use as a search tool, and you can also use a different browser (I use Opera Mini). You don't HAVE to use Bing.
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

One thing great about OS 6 for Blackberry is that you can create shortcuts for the home screen.  Open your Blackberry Browser and type in the URL for Google's web site.  Then, press the Menu key and select Add to Home Screen.  Viola, you have a shortcut on your home screen that will take you directly to Google's Search engine.  Hope that helps.

Doc

0 Likes
mk65

Thanks for the help! Luckily, I still in the period when I can cancel the contract.  I don't really like the new blackberry, perfered my old one and I dont like the extra steps that have to be taken to get to google like scrolling down to get to it on the home screen.  I will change to another carrier.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

mk65 wrote:

Thanks for the help! Luckily, I still in the period when I can cancel the contract.  I don't really like the new blackberry, perfered my old one and I dont like the extra steps that have to be taken to get to google like scrolling down to get to it on the home screen.  I will change to another carrier.

Hi,

Good luck.  Hope everything works out better for you.

Doc

0 Likes
mk65

I dropped off my phone today and went to T - mobile.  I got a different Blackberry and I can choose from several search engines as my default

0 Likes