Been through 7 blackberries in past few months...help
barbie6384

i started off with the blackberry curve ......well it locked up and i couldnt do nothing with it..so verizon sent me a new one...2nd bb i had it started freezing up and dropping calls as did the 3rd and 4th that i received...the 5th one i got in the mail the buttons wouldnt work at all so i called verizon again and the lady i talked to was nice she said i could pick a different blackberry or other phone, but me said okay ill give the blackberry another shot..so i got the bold 9930.....ive had it almost a month and a half and now the track pad ball thing doesnt want to work, the touch screen wont respond and it wont play any of my ringtones or mp3's......so i called verizon again and i told them my trouble and was polite and everything...and i finally asked if i could just say forget bb's and get a totally different phone....but they said no...so now im getting a differnt bb its the curve 9370.....but i am just sick of blackberrys and im about sick of verizon....whats there deal i pay them 100$ a month, they send me phones i have to have replaced every month...im ready to say f*ck it and go to AT&T or back to prepaid, cause prepaid phones, them cheap little blue ones they never mess up or nothing like these smart phones....and you can even back door the internet and get on free while im payin 20$ or 30$ for a data package...any ideas of what to do when this next bb i get malfunctions like the rest...i refuse to have another bb..sick of them.

>Post edited to remove profanity<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Been through 7 blackberries in past few months...help
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

BlackBerry, like other smartphones, need a bit more care and "pampering" - when mine gets sluggish, I do a battery pull via an app called QuickPull that reboots the phone, and it works much better.  I have it set to do a reset once a week, automatically.  If it gets slow in between I'll manually reset it.  I've had my Blackberry (the original Bold 9650) over 2 years now and it hasn't given me any real problems at all.

The problems you describe (locking up, trackpad not responding, etc) could be due to too many apps open at once - it's easy to back out of an app without actually shutting it down, and if you get too many running at once, the phone slows down and locks up.  A reset/battery pull fixes that.

Perhaps another type of phone will work better for you, perhaps not - I love my BlackBerry, but it does take more care and attention than "them cheap little blue ones they never mess up " -

0 Likes
spamuback
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a similar problem with the older blackberrys and would have to agree with SuzyQ that sometimes it's a result of having too many aps open in the background. Some have limited ram and when mine froze - I had to take battery out for a second and let it reboot.. Hope things work out with your replacement - 7 lemons - thats just pure bad luck. I'm looking forward the the bb10 being introduced soon - just wish the q10 was coming before the z10. Doubt I'll use verizon for service on it though - but we'll see.

0 Likes
barbie6384

the only app that i ever have open is facebook, nothing else. and i have to reset and pull my battery out quite a lot during the week, and everythings on my sd card which isn't even full, and I treat my phone like a newborn baby and don't let anyone touch it...bb's have just all gone to shit.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Likes