Re: Backup Assistant for Blackberry Devices
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

If I may ask, do you have any other "third party" applications installed on your Tour? What is the current OS on your phone? :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Alynne,

I am going to do some research today and find an answer for you.  Hopefully we will figure out the problem and come to a good resolution.  I'll let you know soon...

Doc

Ps:  You are not on the Blackberry Enterprise System, are you?  If so, there might be some corporate firewall causing problems...let me know.

Doc

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Alynne84,

Tell me a couple of things about your device.  I understand you have the Verizon 9630 Tour?  What is the version of your operating system (OS)?  Look at Options>About and see there.  It should read:

BlackBerry 9630

smartphone (3G, CDMA)

v4.7.1.61 (Bundle xxxx...) and so forth.  This line is your OS.

Also, is your device currently associated with a company, ie:  are you on a corporate Blackberry Enterprise Service (BES) or just on a regular individual plan, the (BIS)?

If you could let me know the answers to those questions, it will help me narrow down the search for your problem.

Thanks,

Doc

0 Likes
alynne84
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond.  I have been really busy last few days.  I upgraded my OS just yesterday and Backup Assistant started working!  I 'm so sorry you had to waste time researching, I do appreciate everyone's help.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

alynne84 wrote:

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond.  I have been really busy last few days.  I upgraded my OS just yesterday and Backup Assistant started working!  I 'm so sorry you had to waste time researching, I do appreciate everyone's help.

Hey,

Thank you for updating me.  Now we know there is a fix, thanks to you.  The Backup Assistant is pretty cool and can really be helpful, especially if you ever lose your contacts while updating your OS.  Take care.

Doc

0 Likes
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did BU Assistant ask you to set a schedule for backing up?

On my older LG phone, I had a choice of backing up morning, afternoon, night. I don't see a choice either on the BB or online at the BU assistant web site. Nor do I see a notation on when the last successful backup was, also known from my LG.

My husband has over 400 contacts (business and personal) and needs a reliable backup assist so knowing the details of when is important.

0 Likes
alynne84
Enthusiast - Level 1

Open Backup Assistant, press your menu button; the option to set a schedule should show up there.

0 Likes
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I open BU Asst, it gives me the choice to "setup." Then shows "next."  If I click next, it asks for my pin to restore data. Not to do a backup or set a schedule.

If I press the menu key it says next, close, switch application.

I wonder if I need to remove and reinstall?

0 Likes
SOLVED Backup Assistant for Blackberry Devices
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have 2 new phones and BU Asst installed correctly on the other one, which I never bothered to check, but not mine. I deleted and redownloaded and reinstalled and got the correct menus everyone is talking about :smileyhappy:

Thanks everyone for being here to answer questions even when the answeris a bad installation..

0 Likes